Ratings for Dr. Thomas W. Lawhorne

I had back surgery and am in more pain now than before the surgery. My last MRI was January 11and he has not called me with results even after many attempts to get in touch . I think he is too busy to help patients. He was in Okatie on Fridays but gave that up because he wasn't busy enough but now he is too busy for his patients.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I had back surgery and results were worse than before I had surgery. I had a cage put in to replace a disc and the cage was pushed against a nerve. I was in horrible pain when I was in recovery and it took about 10 hours for nurses to get the pain under control. I was blessed to get a wonderful nurse. I was sent home with strong pain medication and three weeks later after many more tests had to have the nerve released. I have more pain now in my hip and leg than before surgery. Dr. Lawhorne never said he was sorry. He only told my husband and I how great he is and compared himself to another doctor in the practice that we love and is outstanding. Dr. Lawhorne has no empathy.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

I don't believe any of the negative reviews I have seen on this site as I had a wonderful experience with Dr Lawhorne and his staff (if you can say back surgery is a wonderful experience!). I had major back problems for many years and had been to other specialists and only experienced very temporary relief or no relief. A doctor I know recommended I see Dr Lawhorne. He was very nice and spent time with me. He is very busy, and gets to the point, but I appreciated that knowing he has a lot of people that want his help. My surgery went great and I had pain relief immediately! It's now been over 6 months and I feel sooooo much better! He is a great surgeon and I would highly recommend for you to go to him if you have back problems.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I met with Dr Lawhorne today as I was looking forward to getting some relief. What a jerk. After spending 10 minutes with him explaining my issues and discussing my MRI results, in short this was his response. Well I think you have a very distrust in the system and I sense hostility in you. I was schocked. I said, I'm not hostile, just in pain for 6 months, and he yes but don't take it out on us.. Wow, where did that come from? Just a simple conversation about my scoliosis and that's his response. Of course I said I'm the patient and I'm here for you to help me, not to analyze what you think I feel or think. After that, he then proceeded to speak about my options. I had told him I have dealt with scoliosis in my teenage years wearing a back brace and here I am in my later years dealing again. He said, you're not the only scoliosis patient I've dealt with. This was 10:30 and I'm still upset to as what went wrong. Was he patient profiling me . In addition, he took a hip x-Ray and never discussed those results with me , and I was too disturbed by his behavior that I did not realize it till I got home. End result, waiting on the operations manager to call as I was told by the end of the day. It's 5:30 no phone call.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr Lawhorne is the most compassionate ,helpful,smart,wonderful Dr. I have ever had any dealings with. I didn't know there were dr's like that anymore. He made my husbands last days on this earth more bearable for him and us because he treated his back when no one else would,because he was dying of cancer. His fractured disc was a lot more painful than the cancer but no one cared except this wonderful man!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr. Lawhorne and his staff were all very friendly and helpful. Very professional and knowledgeable. Was very glad he was recommended to me. Would definitely recommend him to anyone with neck and back problems.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

Very rude man..has no bedside manner..never felt comfortable,or like I was being helped.he treats you like he gets points by how fast he can get you out

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Thanks for the help! I was found to have a pinched nerve in my back and did not get better with therapy. We went ahead and had a couple of steroid shots with on of their pain managment doctors and the symptoms are much better now.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

My co worder had a neck issue that Dr. Lawhorne took care of, so I came to see him for a back issue. It took less than a week to get in and his staff was very nice. My problem is completety fixed now. Hope this helps. -charles

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

I have seen Dr. Lawhorne a number of times now. I had neck pain and arm pain. He found that I had a big disc in my neck. Me even showed me the disc on MRI. He spent a lot of time talking to me and we decided neck surgery was best for me. I had the surgery at the hospital in Reidsville, GA. I had a plesent experience at the hospital. Everyone was nice. I woke up from the surgery and my arm pain was gone. It took some time to get over the neck soreness, but i'm feeling great now. I can't say how much Dr. Lawhorne has helped me. He and his staff are great!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Dr. Thomas W. Lawhorne's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Workers Comp