Ratings for Dr. Susan V. Areeckal

I love Dr. Areekal. I haven't seen her since before her pregnancy leave but she was incredibly helpful!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Visits were like I was wasting her time and she neither listened or cared about my medical issues. Either refused to put me on medication when I suggested it or tried to force me into medications I did not want. Major control freak who's 'holier than thou' attitude left me getting my medical needs met at Urgent Care, rather than deal with her irrational behavior. Looking for a new doctor as this one is the worst!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Telephone staff provides terrible service and don't seem to care about the patient or the issue at hand. Disorganized, multiple calls for the same issue with contradicting answers each time. Frustrating. Mary, the PA, always took great care of me, but she has left the practice. It is difficult to get in and see Dr. Areeckal. Dr. Areeckal is nice and knowledgeable, but her staff makes it difficult to deal with her office. They lost my daughter's medical records. I'm looking for another doctor and one that does not use RGH's call center to answer their calls.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

I visited Dr Areeckal three times over the last year - each time complaining of extreme fatigue and shortness of breath. Each time I was told to excercise and lose weight. When she went on Maternity leave I got a chance to see an NP. When the NP walked into the exam room the NP saw IMMEDIATELY that something was very wrong with my color. The NP checked my chart and saw that my HGB was 6 and my CBC was 25 - I was half dead from anemia. The NP started me on high doses of iron right away. One month later all my symptoms disappeared. It doesn't take House M.D. to diagnose anemia. Scarey.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Dr. Areeckal is the best PCP I have had in my 38 years. You can talk to her about any topic and feel 100% confident in doing so. I would recommend her to anyone as their primary care physician.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Excellent doctor. Knowledgeable with a wonderful bedside manner. Took the time to explain things to me and calm my fears. I wholeheartedly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Very arrogant doctor with an atrocious bedside manner. Staff would be rated higher but seem to fear the doctor. Doctor acts likes control freak and does not seem interested in the patient's well being. When an error SHE made innocently was brought to her attention, she was very defensive and then became irate. Left examining room during visit and did not return, angry over non compliance with an unimportant, non-medical issue (joining their website) and never addressed the medical issues at hand. Scolding and assuming. I was not impressed with the first visit , gave her another chance and it was worse. I was very disappointed as I wanted it to work out but found her to be very rude and would not listen to me, downplaying my concerns and bullying me into getting her way --- very strange and weird experience, have never been treated that way by anyone, much less a medical person.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Unprofessional. Poor follow-through, mercurial temperament, acts as if she doesn't like being a doc.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Areeckal, saved my life. Before she became my pcp I had high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Since she has been treating me my blood pressure and cholesterol has been normal and I have lost weight. She and her pa our amazing. They respond to mycare immediately on any concerns. I'm am so grateful for dr. Areeckal and that she is my primary physician.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014