Ratings for Dr. David M. Katz

Patient for 3 years until he was kicked off my insurance plan, probably for padding his bills. Always did extra probably unnecessary procedures at exam to inflate bill. Office staff ok except outside contract bookkeeper who was nasty and defensive, probably because she knew she was submitting questionable bills. Patient for three years until he got uncermoniously ejected from my health plan and then without telling me tried to keep me as a patient even though he knew that any future visits would not be covered by insurance. Also, threw a tantrum on one of my visits that I thought was unprofessional. The treatment for my disease was satisfactory, I think, but you can do better elsewhere. I, of course, had to find a new plan doctor, but I suggest that when an insurance company boots a doctor, there is probably a message there.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr Katz was very helpful. I have MS and migraines and he was the only doctor who listened and changed my medicine. I feel much better now.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

WHILE IT TURNED OUT THAT NOTHING MUCH CAN BE DONE ABOUT MY CONDITION, HE TRIED EVERYTHING KNOWN AND SEEMED GENUINELY CONCERNED. LOWERED HIS USUAL RATES WHEN INSURANCE WOULD NOT COVER

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

I woke up one morning and could only see my wife's nose. Everything else was blank. We got an appointment with my opthomologist that day. He sent me to Dr. Katz the next day. Dr. K did a series of tests for my Idiopathic Optical Neuropathy and prescribed medication. I have continued to see him and my vision has gone from 20/1000 to 20/100. He is thorough, answers all of my questions and explained some experimental treatments with the pros and cons. Donald Behe

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

I was seeing Dr. Katz as a neuro-ophthalmologist, as I had a problem with binocular vision due to a muscle disorder. He was nice personally, but did not bother to measure anything with my eyes. Instead, he spent all his energy to disprove my general neuromuscular diagnosis. Naturally, he did not offer any alternatives. As to my vision problem, that had ruined my driving, he simply laughed at me saying that I was making fuss over nothing. He told my double vision was b/c of "strong lenses in my glasses" and "it will go away with contact lenses". Needless to say, it remained with contacts. I was later referred to a different neuro-ophthalmologist. Not only that doctor, but his assistant first measured the misalignment in my eyes with simplest instrumentation. I was prescribed prismatic glasses and was back to normal driving. When I asked for my records from Dr. Katz's office, I was astonished to find every possible thing re-told incorrectly -just like that in the previous comment.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

A dedicated doctor who really cares about all of his patients. He is on call 24/7 for his patients. Even though he dropped my insurance, I still see him and pay out of pocket. Worth every cent and then some. They don't make doctors like this anymore.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

I have been a patient of DR.katz for over 10 years. Recently i was badly injured and very concerned from my unbearable pain... He not only did not return my calls nor treat me with rescect that if he could not be my dr. anymore to reffer me to someone else. when I came to the office to pick up my medical reports after calling daily for over 2 weeks and leaving messages. his secratary was extremly rude hung up on me on the phone several times. i went to the office read over my medical reports he had written.... EVERYTHING he wrote as completly incorrect, i was trying to get workmans comp b/c i was hurt on the job and b/c he was inaccurate and flat out ignored my symtoms and my occupation. My workmans comp was denied. I would not expect this from a Dr who has been treating me for 12 years. I am outraged. Dr are supposed to listen and treat. Who can we trust? If you go to him a report right away. Who knows what he rights on your record!

Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. David M. Katz's Credentials

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bethesda, MD