Ratings for Dr. Vanessa M. Cameron

Dr Cameron is a wonderful doctor. Every time I have been in I rarely wait past my appointment time I really appreciate how punctual she is. She even apologized for running ten minutes behind once! She goes out of her way to ask about other non medical things going on in your life and she remembers details about you and asks about your family, vacations etc which makes things feel more personal which I really like. She makes sure to answer all my questions during the appointment, draws pictures and will do whatever it takes so you understand and are comfortable with the plan. I recently had a minimally invasive surgery with her and it was an excellent experience from top to bottom. I have found her to be very knowledgable, friendly and professional. I think she is honest and a 'straight shooter' so some people may not like that I guess if you are coming in to have someone tell you what you want to hear or get prescriptions for narcotics with no records, which a lot of doctors wouldn't even consider. Overall, she is exceptional and I highly recommend her to many.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I don't think blinking, clothing, or even speaking speed has anything to do with care. Even the script error is common at several medical facilities. She performed a myomectomy on me and my care was absolutely great. My fibroid took up most of my uterus (at least 80 percent of it) on the imaging that was done. She advised that I may have to have a full hysterectomy, but would try to save my uterus. I woke up to find out she was able to do just that, and now I am waiting for returned call to schedule first prenatal visit on year later. As far as listening she remembers and knows many personal details about me that have nothing to do with my medical care, so maybe the problem may be a personality clash of the patient. If your doctor talks to fast ask them to slow down and repeat. It is just as easy to assume a doctor who stands far away doesn't care and speaks too slow may be drunk. And I guess I was on the other end of the pain management because I didn't take hardly any of the prescribed meds she issued for my pain but she definitely had them available for my use.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. She knows very little about reproductive disorders and she does not take your pain seriously . I wasted a lot of time and money. She even went so far as to tell my husband she did not understand why I would be in so much pain making him try to doubt me. She is also a little odd. She is a close face talker and talks rapidly unblinking eyes and continues talking a lot almost in an adderall laced trance with sentences with no pauses. She does all this without really being empathetic or actually listening and trusting or giving you time for what you have to say. She is pretty , looks to be about 30 and wears nice clothes but as far as experience I think she leaves much to be desired.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

My husband and I both found Dr.Cameron and her staff to have a rare combination of professionalism and compassion. We felt well educated on all of our choices. We drove an hour a a half one way to see her on multiple occasions and would highly recommend her to friends and family.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Received a script for Vicodins until she can get my records. Drove home, 45 minutes away, and tried to get them filled. The pharmacy couldn't fill them because she wrote 2010 for the year. A 90 minute round trip to get a new script, took it to the pharmacy and they told me she didn't put her DEA number on it. Here I am a week later and she refuses to give me a refill and my records she has been waiting on have not shown up. She's pretty, but incompetent.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015