Ratings for Dr. S. Mark Kamaleson

Tho i had to wait a good while, Dr Kamaleson made my visit well worth the wait.. But what really impressed me was how he took his time and listened to the person in the next room.( Thin walls) I will definitely see him again. He was very compassionate and professional.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Waited over an hour to be seen by the Dr who blew in and out of the room in about 30 seconds. He never introduced himself. He was absolutely devoid of giving any attention to patient. It was SO rushed, I felt like I couldn't speak at all. Will not return to this particular doctor. My time is just as valuable as yours!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I started seeing Dr Kamaleson in 2015 for pain to my right knee. During my first visit I was given a knee injection by PA, he didn't introduce himself so I thought he was the Dr. About 3-5 months later my knee was becoming painful again. I went for another visit in 2016 and was seen by the Dr himself..he prescribed Mobic and requested an MRI. In the meantime I developed acute pain to my left hip. I made an appt, Dr Kamaleson came into the room for 2.5 seconds and stated let's get an xray today of your hip. A few minutes later he comes back in and says I'm going to have you fitted for a back brace, and prescribe PT for about 6 weeks, the only findings is a little arthritis of the hip. A guy came in the room and fitted me with the brace. I missed my appt for MRI because I was out of town. My hip actually stopped hurting so when I got the call for PT from my voicemail, I ignored it. About a month later, the pain was back and this time it was radiating into my thigh. I made another appt, I was in extreme pain, drove to Richmond Hill office and was seen by the PA. He walked into the room and asks did you do PT and have the MRI? I explained I didn't go to therapy and I missed appt for MRI. He begins to literally scold me like I was a child and said well there is nothing we can do for you. You failed to do what we asked. I asked for pain meds and agreed I will go to PT and asked if they would reschedule the MRI of my right knee. He declined to give me a prescription for pain meds. I left that office almost limping because the pain was almost unbearable. I went to a relative and was given some of her 800 mgs Ibuprofen. I started PT the following week and have been going now for about 4-5 weeks. Such a real waste of time and exploiting my insurance company. Meantime the pain has now traveled into my left ankle and the top of my foot has very little feeling and my toes feel like they are aslept and tingling. I made another appt to be seen, drove to Richmond Hill and this time the Dr comes in, I begin to tell him about numbness and tingling. He immediately says there is nothing I can do for you, I requested an MRI. I awaiting a response from your insurance company.... it had been about 4 weeks since he requested it. He storms out the room saying the only thing I can do for you today is to not bill you for this visit. I drove there and back in storming rain in so much pain I couldnt believe I was being treated this way. Once I got home I called my insurance company to find out why it was taking so long to respond to his request for MRI of right knee (which was previously approved) and MRI of left hip. My insurance company stated, we approved the right knee but not the left side until you complete the therapy. They stated info was sent to Dr over 2 weeks ago. I called his office repeatedly everyday for almost a week leaving voice messages for someone to call me back. So finally I get a call back stating somehow my chart was overlooked. MRI was done on right knee. I ask xray tech at Pooler Imaging when will results be known and provided to Dr, she says oh this afternoon. Now 3 days go by and I'm waiting for a phone call to discuss results but no one ever calls. I then call them and was told oh you have to call for appt to come in. Wow. So I make the appt for 930 that Wednesday morning, I was not seen til 11:15, the Dr comes in and begins to say you need surgery for a torn meniscus of the right knee..but in the meantime I'm going to prescribe therapy for 2 weeks and in that time you decide if you want the surgery. He is in such a hurry to leave the room after 2.5 seconds when I have waited for almost 2 hours to be seen. I try to ask him questions about whats going on with the left hip, pain radiating down my leg and numbness and tingling of my toes. He says like I already told you I cannot treat you for that until I get an MRI once you finish therapy. I ask, what do you think it is, he says I don't know. I said I googled my symptoms and it appears to be a sciatic nerve issue, he says I dont know. Continue therapy for next few weeks and we will see what your insurance company says and walks out. I say to him can you please look at this discorolation around my ankle do you think my foot is getting good blood supply...to my amazement he says i dont know go and see your primary care physician. OMG....really...you're the specialist. So as I sit here this Friday morning I am scheduled for therapy this morning. My right foot is swollen, pain still radiating and I'm popping 800 mgs of Ibuprofen like candy just to cope with the pain. I dont plan to continue therapy and will be requesting my medical records ASAP. I have made an appt with my PCP and will seek medical treatment from another orthopedic Dr. I am a very mature 58 year old adult and have worked as a medical claims examiner since 1989. This has been the ABSOLUTE WORST TREATMENT I HAVE EVER RECEIVED and the thought of him operating on MY KNEE..ABSOLUTELY NOT

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I tried to be intelligent and patient with him so he would treat me with respect but i got minimal to no care. Even my recommended surgery was not acted upon just "think about it" and my appointments were months apart and no one told me when! He always kept me in the dark and never told me what was wrong with me. Also beware of Optim throwing people into physical therapy because they don't care, that's what happened to me. I think the sports medicine physical therapy department is a ploy to rack up money for your insurance company. Also the physical therapist practice "Chinese medicine" and bill it for another name, and this is perfectly legal while there is little scientific proof of its effectivness!!! Oh and i still am suffering in the dark...

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Horrible bedside manner. Very disappointed in his complete lack of professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

To many things to list just a brief summary " Had surgery for a torn rotator cuff muscle and had pain from the beginning , he pushed my husband to hard , therapy retorn the muscle turned into 5 tears every excuse to not help my husband , kept trying to make new excuses for the problem but a great dr from Chatham had completly redid my husbands shoulder, muscles and gave us our lives back ,, Optim said nothing was wrong with him 17 months of suffering, having a torn shoulder for 10 months and pushing him in therapy and no one had the skill to check him and think maybe something is wrong when you cant lift your arm up even half way after 81 visits.. My experience with this Dr is absolutly shocked that they would even give us kind of a chop shop , push ya through , ignore you when all you needed was someone who is qualified to help you , no help with this Dr at all nothing but agrivation and waisting your time...

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Worst doctor in Savannah/ hinesville area.DO NOT TRUST HIM. MARK KAMALESON WILL DESTROY YOUR HEALTH. IF YOU ARE REFERED TO HIM TURN AND RUN. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Hello. I injured my leg working on Ft Stewart for FED Services. When my employer sent me to see this Mark Kamaleson. My first visit with him was interesting to say the least. First my site manager Martha Cranford popped up at the doctor's office aaying that our (or her) boss said she had to be in the appointment with me. Now people I am not stupid so she got a prompt NO. At this point Martha decided to go talk to the intake nurses about something I could not hear. Though I know it had something to do with me. When I went into the office Dr. K. Performed a McPherson test and stated that I had a torn maniscus and ordered an MRI. When I came in to see h about my MRI Mark Kamaleson stated I had a bone contusion. I asked him" is that all?" He said "That's all. Nothing else is wrong." And he sent me home with instructions for seated duty at work. By my next appointment worker's comp had sent me home. As there is no seated duty while weed eating. Mark kamaleson came into the office and asked me how work is doing. When I told him they sent me home Mark Kamaleson threw a fit. Prescribed me 160 Mobics , put me on regular duty at work and said " If you're still hurt you'll be back to see me before our next appointment. " Now that my so called doctor is sayin I'm fine, my employer thinks it's now time to let me go. So now my workers comp is suspended, I'm still injured, and I have no income. You see where I'm going here? I called my workers comp adjuster and told him that I felt the diagnosis was wrong and I wanted a second opinion. He told me I am allowed to change physicians once in my wc case time frame. My new doctor ordered my records from Mark Kamaleson. No MRI READ OUT WAS SENT TO THIS DOCTOR, OR MY WORKERS COMP ADJUSTER FOR THAT MATTER. So the true findings on my leg were kept secret. Though I had not trusted Mark Kamaleson so I requested my MRI results myself back when I had my appointment for the read out. BUT THEY (OPTIM ORTHOPEDICS) did not give me the print out. Just the disc. Now we are a year out. Supposedly I've reached MMI there is nothing else that can be done medically. I have been diagnosed with arthritis. Well I have recently requestes my medical records because I did not trust the medical care I got. Well this is what my MRI actually stated. FINDINGS: Small joint effusion. Patellofemoral alignment appears anatomic. Patellofemoral, medial and latteral compartments are well maintained. Moderate bone contusion involving the anterior aspect of the medial condyle. Remaining bone marrow signal within normal limits. No occult fracture or stress fracture. PHMM abnormal signal which extends to the superior surface consistent with a small peripheral tear. Finding is poorly defined. AHMM and latteral meniscus are in tact. The quad reception mechanism, patella tendon, acl, pcl, mcl, l c l, and popliteus tendon are intact. AHMM and lateral meniscus are in tact. Bone marrow signal is within normal limits. Hoffa's fat pad moderate inflamation. Remember when I asked mr Mark Kamaleson if the bone contusion was all the MRI picked up on? And he said yes? Well now I find that I have a meniscocapsular tear that I have been walking on now for a year. WHAT EVER YOU DO. IF YOU GET HURT AND YOUR DOCTOR IS MARK KAMALESON. DO NOT NY ANY MEANS LET THAT PIECE OF TRASH TOUCH YOU! MARK KAMALESON COMMITED INSURANCE FRAUD AND MEDICAL MALPRACTICE WITH MY CASE. I AM GOING TO SUE AND OPEN THE DOOR FOR EVERYONE HE HAS DONE THIS TO. TO BE ABLE TO SUE HIM ALSO. ITS TIME FOR HIM TO BE STOPPED!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

I seen him for shoulder surgery it was the worst experience I ever had he is very arrogant Dr he will not prescribe medications he just tells you to deal with it

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Kamaleson is the most amazing, knowledgable and technically skilled surgeon I have seen at the hospital. As an operating nurse, I see all doctors operate. If you want the best surgeon to solve your hand problem, he is definitely the surgeon you want to see in Savannah!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr. S. Mark Kamaleson's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

GHI