Ratings for Dr. Alen R. Tar

Had a bunion removed, and the bone broken and reset to avoid future bunions. I had a bunion removed 20 years earlier by another surgeon, so I have comparative points of view. That said, the experience with Dr. Tar was far and away better than I expected. Certainly procedures have improved in 20 years, but this was unbelievably good. I walked in at 7am, and walked out post-op at 11:30. Almost no pain and in my boot. It's amazing how good I felt. My 'worst' day of pain occurred 2 days later, but I was walking nonetheless! Here I am, 2 months post-op and back in the gym, pain-free and with a foot that feels amazing! Dr. Tar's office has been excellent at scheduling the procedure, the post-op check ups, and the cost was incredible. My surgery 20 years ago cost EXACTLY the same! Which is stunning, when you consider how much more work was done and how much better the process is. Summit Medical has been a pleasure to work with, too. I missed my final appointment last week by accident, and it was no trouble at all to reschedule. My singular complaint was punctuality. My procedure took place an hour later than expected because a prior surgery caused a delay. Then my post-op checkups were also delayed due to heavy traffic in the offices. If the traffic is the result of good work yielding a pleased and steady flow of patients such as me, I'm happy to wait 15/20 min extra. Kudos to Dr. Tar and the Summit team.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I don't know what these people are complaining about. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Tar as well as his staff. They have gone out of their way to help me every time I have called and/or gone to his office. In fact, I was so pleased with his services that I commute almost an HOUR to his office.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr. Alen R. Tar's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2006)