Ratings for Dr. Christopher Mccracken

Dr. Mccracken is a very professional, attentive and caring doctor.I was especially impressed by his lack of pushing medications at patients, the less the better.All aspects of health concerns are covered on your visit, and you are not rushed in and out of your appointment.I have been at his office for at least one hour each visit.The staff is always polite and answers any questions even though you can see they are busy.The doctor is rarely late .Your time with him is usually punctual.Any questions you ask him are answered to the best of his ability and knowledge.I would reccomend Dr. Mccracken to anyone who wanted a GOOD doctor.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

During visit he talked about his beliefs in consolidating medications, like one that would treat three different conditions, his not believing in prescribing antibiotics, that he would not treat me for my chronic pain (I didn't ask for that but since I wrote it down he assumed I was only there for pain medication which is handled elsewhere for scoliosis complications). I left his office with most of my prescriptions changed and nothing done about symptoms that brought me to see him. Will NOT ever return, even if he is last doctor on the planet. He also put on my records that I was a drug abuser which made it next to impossible to find a doctor in Boone that would see me for my symptoms which was a skin rash and muscle fatigue.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. McCracken has a pleasant and uplifting personality, a good sense of humor, and takes time to listen and interact. He is still relatively inexperienced and currently hard to get in to see due to the loss of 2 physicians in the practice. If staffing is not soon resolved, appointment wait times could effect his future ratings.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Just got to remember he's young but overall, I was pleased.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Kept referring me to specialists at $35 a pop n hour drive. Didnt wsnt to deal with my pain symptoms. Not enough experience. Cant diagnose.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

having a great experience with my new Doctor.. he was very informative and helpful in managing my care. we are in the process of adjusting my medicine for blood pressure. the office id very punctual in returning my calls and making sure my needs are met.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

This is the worst MD I have ever gone to. His bedside manner is terrible and he is very unorganized. Also....his assistant is very rude and condescending. I would never go to him again. Look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Needed a new doctor when I moved to Boone saw de McCracken he was not very nice told me he could either manage my blood pressure or pain made me feel like a dumb patient even told me I had only 30 more years to live I'm in my 40s was very disappointed in him and didn't exspect to find a doctor like him especially in small town Boone I will never return and have told everyone I know not to go to see him very poor bedside maner or manners in general .

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

I've had nothing but positive interactions with Dr. McCracken. My wait times have always been minimal compared to other doctors, the staff is friendly, and Dr. McCracken has never seemed hurried and always makes sure all my questions are answered. He seems more interested in the root cause of a problem rather than prescribing meds. He is also open to alternative treatments and I get the impression that he has an open mind to "non-traditional" medical treatments. If you want someone that will write a prescription "no questions asked", this is probably not the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I would not recommend this doctor or this pratice. He cannot make an accurate diagnosis and told me he would continue to see me as a cash paying patient but wouldnt manage my presciptions, his assistant is very rude.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr. Christopher Mccracken's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 2008)

Top Hospitals in Boone, NC