Ratings for Dr. Rebecca L. King

Doctor King's bias was not constructive ineffective.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

Dr. King is a deeply committed and insightful therapist who views the family as a system. My children and I have found her approach refreshing and wonderfully helpful as we have worked through a number of issues with her. Rather than practice individual therapy which can often devolve into scapegoating and outright manipulation, she has helped us work together to understand how we can resolve our problems so that we can better support each other in order to understand each other's perspective. We look forward to our weekly session and schedule 2-3 weeks in advance to ensure we're able to reserve the most convenient appointment time in her busy schedule. In recognition of the busy schedules of modern families, Dr. King works with families exclusively in the evenings. She has never kept us waiting and we always conclude our session in a timely fashion so that the next family can begin on time. We are grateful for the progress we have made and cannot recommend Dr. King highly enough to any family seeking practical and effective therapy that truly works.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. King puts you at ease immediately and has a soothing manner. She is gentle and kind and has true empathy. She has helped me to work through many issues and her suggestions have helped me tremendously. She is very honest, upfront, and down to earth, and encouraging, all while giving you hope in a common sensible and decent way. I would highly recommend her to persons of any age.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. King excells in her ability to work with complex family systems while still recognizing and appreciating the more subtle therapeutic threads for each individual. She offers a unique blend of deep caring and sophisticated thoughtfulness. Where the heart of a lion is complemented by a refreshing, creative approach to therapy. At the top of my referral list... although I wish she were available more days.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Dr. King is an unusually capable therapist/psychiatrist who is skilled in working with a range of problems. What is impressive about her work is her awareness of less obvious interpersonal issues that complicate both intimacy and growing and her honesty blended with profound caring. I refer to her frequently and have for the past five years.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. king is a rare find. I have been to multiple therapists to find someone who could help my child who has terrible anxiety and behavior problems. It has been a long road, but we are finally making some progress. Dr. King, has been very caring and also is not afraid to be very honest with us. I highly recommend Dr. King.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Worst experience ever...she follows one person's theory (Carl Whitaker). Recommends that our very ill child have less adults (parents, tutors & doctors) telling her what to do. Suggests it's ok to fail because there is a great lesson in failure. Suggests it's ok to miss/reschedule appointments if she doesn't want to go - except it's not ok for hers because she's in private practice - Really?? She won't have to worry we won't be back. Wait time is short - very few clients.

Submitted February 23, 2014