Ratings for Dr. Christopher P. Toomey

"I have been a patient of Dr. Toomey's for 13 years now. I feel like I am part of the Toomey Dentistry family. They know me and my family and are always very welcoming and caring. I usually don't write too many reviews but felt like I know this group well enough to give honest information about them that may benefit others looking for a great dentist. I had broken a few teeth and needed root canals almost every year and I finally was frustrated enough to ask Dr. Toomey why this was always happening. He explained in great detail and with a computer program presentation that my bite was not lining up properly and that I was continually banging on just the same few teeth that just finally cracked and then needed root canals. He said that a bite equilibration and a guard to wear while I sleep would solve the problem. At this point I was ready to give it a try because I was tired of root canals and I trusted what Dr. Toomey explained to me. I had the equilibration and I wear my guard every night and my jaw feels great when I wake up in the morning and I have not had a root canal or broken tooth since the equilibration! Now, that’s success in my book. I've been very happy with the way I have been treated but Dr. Toomey and his staff. I can't imagine that they would treat anyone else differently than the way they have treated me and my whole family. I would recommend this office very highly for quality dental care".

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

The last poster has a personal vendetta against doctor Toomey. His comments are completely discredited. Dr. Toomey is an excellent dentist. I have received treatment from Dr. Toomey for ten years and have only experienced the highest level of skill and professionalism. Dr. Toomey is the greatest.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

I think Toomey is more interested in the revenue figures for his office than he is in patient care. He added a procedure, while fixing a filling which broke. A filling he had done recently. It added $1546 to my bill. A procedure that I had specifically rejected in the past. Occlusal bite adjustment. He did so without my knowledge or consent. He seems to think that just because he's the doctor that he is the smartest guy in the room . . . I never found that to be the case.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Beware: this dentist is the worst. He has a pretty office and a pleasant bedside manner, but that's where his skills end. It took him five hours to insert a single crown, and I've had pain there ever since. Even his assistant was apologetic and laughed that sometimes he can take a long time with a crown. On top of that, he tried to sell me procedures I didn't need. A total shark. I wish I'd never gone to him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011