Dr. Symeon V. Zannikos, M.D.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Symeon V. Zannikos, M.D.

Highly recommend this doctor! Dr Zannikos and his staff were very attentive to every detail of my surgery and recovery and they really care about his patients getting excellent results snd back to their activities.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2018

excellent care and team. never felt rushed in the office and felt very informed about every step of the process. would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2018

Very pleased with everything before and after surgery

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Very satisfied with the results of my surgery!! I have been recommending to all my friends with back issues

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Very caring and compassionate doctor. I am really glad he was recommended to me by a friend.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

Dr Zannikos is an excellent surgeon who took care of both me and my mother with our low back issues. I have highly recommended him to all my friends already!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2017

After six months of pain I finally decided to have a microdiscectomy. Now I can finally play with my kids without pain. Thank you Dr. Zannikos and team!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I came to Dr. Zannikos after hearing "We'll call you back" for more than 2 months from another surgeon. All while I was going on 10 months of constant debilitating pain following a motorcycle accident. At our first meeting, Dr. Zannikos asked a lot of questions, scheduled a test, and when we met again, he knew exactly what was causing my pain. He walked me out to schedule the surgery himself. There was no guesswork, juggling, pushing out, or delay. Within a month of first meeting him, my surgery was complete and my pain was a bare fraction of what it had been for 11 months. My surgery with Dr. Zannikos has been a huge success so far, and though it's been over a year since my accident, I have no doubts when he tells me there's more improvement to be had. I never once had to wait to find out when my next appointment would be with Dr. Zannikos, or what to expect when that time came. He always walked me out to the administrator and worked out the schedule right there, giving me an overview of what would happen when I return. I also NEVER had to wait even a few minutes past my appointed time to be called in at his office. Absolutely the BEST service and BEST care I could have hoped for. I really wish I'd found him about 10 months earlier.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

My back problems had been with me of many years. I had seen two doctors prior to DR. Zannikos. One wanted to fuse my entire spine and the other wanted nothing to do with me. I had almost given up until I talked to DR, Zannikos. He looked at my x-rays and said matter of factly 'I can fix this. That he did. His bed side manner is awesome.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

The front staff are not the warmest however once you are in it just get's better and better! Susan is the best! I was in a great deal of pain and within a few days of the surgery I was pain fee! Thanks Dr Z!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Dr. Symeon V. Zannikos, M.D.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zannikos has been with Orthopedics New England since 2014. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Kinesiology with emphasis in Biomechanics from Rice University in Texas. Dr. Zannikos also received a Master of Arts in Kinesiology and Biomechanics from The University of Texas at Austin. In 2008, he received his medical degree from The University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio. From there, Dr. Zannikos finished his internship in General Surgery and residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Tufts Medical Center. He then completed his fellowship in Reconstructive Spine Surgery with The Boston Spine Group. From years 2008-2013, Dr. Zannikos served as a Clinical Associate in Orthopaedic Surgery and Instructor for the medical student (MSI) Physical Diagnosis Labs at Tufts Medical School. Dr. Zannikos is published in peer reviewed journals and has presented research at several local and regional meetings. He keeps current on medical knowledge by attending national meetings and courses related to spine surgery. His clinical interests include minimally invasive spine surgery, muscle-sparing approaches to the spine, treatment of back injuries in athletes, disc herniations, and cervical, thoracic, and lumbar degenerative disorders. When he’s not seeing patients, Dr. Zannikos’ outside interests include exercising, history, and spending time with friends and family.

• English