Ratings for Dr. Ronald L. Hammers

Dr. Hammers was very direct and specific in making his assessment. He provided a complete review of his conclusions to include my symptoms and my personal feelings and concerns. A most patient and supportive physician - I felt he was truly concerned -- my hopes for the future have been improved significantly.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr Hammers is very knowledgeable and direct with his diagnoses. He took his time answering all of our questions, and instilled confidence that his recommendations are sound. Very impressive.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Hammers is an excellent surgeon. He took the time to answer every question, even when we had gone over our allotted time. He never made me feel rushed. I had severe nerve pain running down the back of both legs because of a problem with my L4-L5 vertebrae, and I now feel none! I feel like I finally have my life back! Dr. Hammers explained exactly what the issue was and what needed to be done to alleviate the problem in terms that were easy to understand. His office assistant, Jill, is also excellent. She very patiently listened to my added questions, and got right back to me with answers, when I called. Dr. Hammers offered prayer the day of surgery, which I certainly appreciated and found very calming. He was at my bedside when I woke from surgery. He wanted to make sure I was awake and let me know how things had gone. He then went out to talk with my husband personally. He came back to check on me that evening, the next morning, that evening, and the following morning, before I was released. I've seen him for each of my post-op visits, not some P.A. It is rare to find such a humble, skillful surgeon who has a very kind, comforting bedside manner, too! I could not recommend him more!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. Hammers was never in a hurry when he met with me; he shook my hand, looked me in the eyes, and answered every question. Most doctors seem to be rushed to complete as many appointments as possible, so Dr. Hammers' approach was refreshing. When I telephoned with an inquiry, he talked to me personally. A few doctors that I dealt with through the 6 to 7 months it took to go from problem through recuperation, were a little disparaging of chiropractors (my first attempt to resolve my problem). Dr. Hammers was respectful and more professional in his comments. He was also supportive when I considered having a second opinion. There is more that I could say, but I will finish with this: Dr. Hammers politely asked if I would like to have a prayer before surgery. Due to my beliefs, I said yes. He took my hand and said a very nice, non-memorized prayer; I found this comforting.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr. Hammers is very knowledgable. He was kind hearted, understanding, and treated me like family. He saved my life and I am so glad that I had him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2013

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

Dr. Hammers was recommended to me by a prior patient to perform anterior cervical fusion surgery on my neck. He is an excellent neurosurgeon; a detailed perfectionist. He is very congenial, but more importantly he is very thorough and explains the most complex information so you understand and know exactly what to expect. I found him to be very attentive and patient in answering my numerous questions. I had immediate relief after the surgery; he placed the incision in the least conspicuous place, and the scar is healing nicely. Dr. Hammers was conscientious at the hospital about checking-in and keeping me informed, both, pre and post-surgery. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

Dr Hammers did two back surgeries on me. He is so polite, explaining every detail and shows considerable care for his patients and family. I would highly recommend him under any situation. The staff are all polite and ver knowledgeable about the conditions of his patients.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Dr. Ronald L. Hammers's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Hammer's is a neurosurgeon, specializing in brain, spine, and peripheral nerve disease. He received his undergraduate at Know College and medical school at the University of Illinois. His neurosurgical residency was completed at Loyola University Medical center.

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 2004)