Ratings for Dr. Christina Tun

I initially went in for an annual exam because my other doctor had retired and it had been 2 years since I had a pap. She seemed very nice. She asked me several questions about my health in which she found out that I suffered heavy, painful periods my whole life. She called me when my pap came back and informed me that I had two types of HPV and that she wanted me to have an ultrasound done to make sure everything was okay with my cervix and uterus. She made it sound urgent, I was concerned. So I had it done even though my insurance didn't even cover half of it. She called me back and told me I had polyps that needed to be removed and she wanted to take a biopsy then she wanted me to have a procedure done called uterine ablation to have them removed. She also wanted to put a hormone IUD in during the procedure. I told her my last doctor whom I was with for years refused me hormone birth control because it affected my blood pressure too much. I also told her I didn't want birth control as my fiance and I planned to have another child before I was 35. She said because of the HPV I couldn't have unprotected intercourse for 5 years and with the polyps and my bicorniate uterus that it was unlikely that I would get pregnant anyway without a procedure. I already have 2 children so this was ridiculous to me. She called me personally 3 times over 4-5 weeks to try to talk me into surgery, ultimately I felt that I couldn't trust her. I decided not to have it done. Less than a month later I get a letter in the mail saying she is leaving the practice for personal reasons which raised more suspicion for me. About 6 weeks after her departure I met with another doctor in the same practice to discuss the polyps to see if it's alright for me to start trying for a baby. This was in November. My new doctor looked over my scans, told me I didn't have a bicorniate uterus, rather it was heart shaped and I only had 1 polyp that was 1mm in size. She said it would likely shed out during the birthing process and there was no need to do a big surgery to remove it. She gave me the okay and told me if I wasn't pregnant by June to come back and we would reevaluate. My fiancee and I started trying in January, nothing happened first cycle but our second cycle in February we were pregnant! I went back to my new doctor 6 weeks after I got the positive test and she did a pelvic exam. This was in April this year. My pap came back normal, no HPV whatsoever at all... anyway now I'm 22 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and so happy that I found Dr. Freschauf. As far as Dr. Tun, I don't really know what to say. She told me I had two strains of HPV in August 2016 and come April 2017 I get a new doctor and the test results I've gotten my entire life of a normal pap... makes me feel like Dr. Tun was dishonest, lied to me and tried to scare me into unnecessary treatments and procedures for profit.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Most knowledgable and caring doctor I ever had!! !

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

After having abnormal pap results her team did not follow up to reschedule with me. When questioned about the lack of follow up I was told she hadn't entered notes indicating a follow up was needed despite the fact in person she had told me it WAS needed. I won't go back. Clearly communication with patients and follow up for potentially life threatening diagnosis is not important in my case. Very disappointed. In person she seemed nice and took time to explain to me what the next steps should be yet didn't follow her own outline. This experience does not gain any confidence in her or her staffs abilities.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr. Christina Tun's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)

Top Hospitals in Federal Way, WA