Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Miller

I have just finished my 4-year check-up with Dr. Miller and his team in Virginia so I wanted to write about my experiences since I have been coming since 2013. Because I live in San Francisco I had previously seen the dentist who calls himself the Bad Breath Doctor. Long story short, he did nothing for me - just a short diagnosis with the Halimeter, told me I had a bad problem but he could cure me, and sold me some products that he said would help me in a day or two. Didn’t happen. Nothing. When I first saw Dr. Miller in June 2013, I was a basket case. I told myself if this guy couldn’t help me then I was going to give up – just stay home the rest of my life, forget about dating, and try to be happy in my dead-end job. All that changed that summer. What they do is remove the coating on the tongue, completely. I know because not only did my tongue feel great and look pink, but no one moved away or covered their nose or offered me a mint after just a few days of treatment. And they showed me the before and after photos to prove it. And every time I go they take new photos that show I have no coating. Why do I go? I just want to be sure that I do not have any problem; so they measure and test me each year and after 4 years, I am happy to say I am still cured. I can wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Miller to cure bad breath. He is kind and gentle and I can see he is dedicated to helping people get rid of this problem. Before I saw him, I was ready to give up. Now, I’m married and about to have my first child. I really think I would not have found my husband with the bad breath I had. Love would not have been strong enough to get through that stink. And I know that what he does really works because after 4 years I still don’t have a problem. It’s worth it.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I have been on a quest for a cure for this monster of chronic Halitosis for some 35 years. My journey has been a silent nightmare. It really hit home when my 3-year-old daughter yelled out at a party, Mummy your mouth smell like pooh. Imagine being at a high-profile function and everyone turns to look at you. How did I cope? The truth is that I have exhausted funds and will-power looking for a cure. At one point I did not want to live when the people closest to you avoid you and make fun or even embarrass you. To hear a loved one talk about “bagging their head” to be next to you and not have a relationship with the opposite sex because they say things, that is more than anyone can endure. Dr. Richard Miller is not only the answer to the curse of Halitosis, he is dedicated and kind. To those who are experiencing this nightmare, please do not spend another dime with doctors/dentist or anyone else. They do not have the answer. Take it from me, I want to help you from the ill faith I have experienced. I BEG YOU!!  My Halitosis measured 560 when I went in to see Dr. Miller with the maximum being 1999 on the scale. I broke down in tears just hearing that. Treatment day one was painless and there was a remarkable difference - that bad taste was gone after one treatment. I kept my visits regular and I am now CURED and everyone is accepting my company now. My self-esteem is back and I am more taking part in conversations. I only wish I could put a face to this message so you can all know that this is not a farce but truly a cure. Take the leap and see Dr. Richard Miller at the National Breath Center; you will not regret it. Thanks Doctor for your work and kindness and for giving me back my life after thirty-five years.  I sent that to Dr. Miller in Nov 2014. What I did not say then was that I am from Haiti and traveled just to see Dr. Miller. Now 3 years later I am still cured. I will never forget what Dr. Miller did for me. My life has totally changed and I will be eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

The first time I was embarrassed about my breath was in high school when a boy blurted out, “What’s that smell?” I remember walking away in tears. But the true stigma of halitosis hit in college when I was on a date. I really liked the guy but when we started to kiss, he abruptly stopped and walked away. I stood there astonished. That’s when it hit me - my breath again. That night I called my mother crying. She made an appointment for me with our family doctor who sent me to see a specialist. Thinking I had stomach bacteria causing bad breath he did an upper and lower GI scope. When I woke up he told me he found a small ulcer. I was ecstatic as I thought “this is my problem and it’s fixable”. But it wasn’t. The next week, my roommate smelled my breath and told me the problem was getting worse. I was even more desperate so I went to the top dentist in the dental school. He proclaimed the problem was my gums and prescribed a series of deep cleanings assuring me “that should clear it up.” Wrong again. I was more depressed than ever. I started searching the internet and found Dr. Miller. He claimed he cured bad breath but I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I flew to his office the next week. He was kind and gentle. He found extremely high sulfur levels. He told me that it was coming from my tongue. I decided to have treatment that day. Even though I wasn’t on the schedule, they fit me in and he came in on one of his days off to see me so I could get back to school sooner. By the end of the week, my entire life had changed. I no longer had a bad taste. People were getting closer than ever before. They no longer covered their nose or turned away. And my roommate told me she no longer smelled anything. A week later, I was kissed without my date running away. That’s when I knew I was cured. I couldn’t be happier. Dr. Miller and his group have given me my life back. I’m even dating a guy and it’s getting serious. Thanks to all for turning my life around.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

5 years ago I wrote this email to Dr. Miller. “I’ve had a serious breath problem for many years. I avoid people to not be embarrassed at work. I use mouthwash, mints, and gums to cover it up but it still comes through. A few days ago, I was in a meeting, sat down and started to talk with the VP next to me. I noticed him pull back a bit and then a bit more. After the meeting was over I went to get my things and there was a sticky note that said, “Your breath is obnoxious”. My heart sank into the floor and I had to fight back the tears.” I finally got up the courage to go see Dr. Miller. Dr. Miller spent 3 hours with me doing the tests and talking with me. I felt at ease almost immediately and tremendous relief when he told me he could cure me. I decided to take sick time and stay for the cure treatment. When I got home, I wrote this to Dr. Miller. “At the next meeting I took a seat next to the same VP that had left me the note. This time he never moved back or even covered his nose. After the meeting, he asked me out for drinks! You helped change my life and I will always be grateful. It was the best investment in myself I ever made. I won’t ever forget what my life was like before my bad breath was cured.” It’s been 5 years since I’ve been cured by Dr. Miller and everything is still great. I just left his office 2 hours ago and am waiting for my plane to Atlanta. I went to one of the review sites and found a nasty email from someone who obviously wasn’t in the same office I was. Everyone here really cares. More importantly they understand what I went through – how it was ruining my life. But most of all they went out of their way to cure me of the biggest obstacle ever. I just want people to know that his treatment is the REAL DEAL and I am totally grateful. No more bad breath for 5 years and counting! Believe me, you have nothing to lose. They really care and really know how to cure your bad breath.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I have had severe bad breath since college. A year ago, an attorney in my office asked me out. I was looking forward to going but was afraid my breath would turn him off. I was right. Two days before our date, he left me a note saying that he had changed his mind. I was really distraught. I started going to doctors looking for help. In 3 months I saw my family doctor, a stomach specialist, an ENT, and 3 dentists who said they specialized in bad breath. Nothing. I even went to San Francisco. That dentist sold me an electric toothbrush, a water sprayer, and mouthwash but did nothing else. I was so down, I decided I would just have to live with this monster and give up finding someone. I even went to a psychiatrist who gave me pills for depression. But he also said he had heard of a dentist in Virginia who was curing people with severe bad breath. I called the office and Karin was wonderful. She told me that curing bad breath was all Dr. Miller did. She explained everything but the best thing was that she believed in him so much, she had worked for him for 23 years. I made an appointment right then. I live in Missouri so it was a ways but I had been looking for so long, this was my last hope. Dr. Miller was understanding and kind. He listened to everything I had to say without judgement. I started treatment that day, Monday. By the end of the week I was cured. How did I know? The bad taste was gone. New people I met at the hotel didn’t turn away. Most important, before I saw him I could even smell my own breath. I couldn’t even stand myself! After just 2 treatment sessions that went away. It’s been 6 months since my cure. I just want to say how grateful I am to Dr. Miller. If not for him, I would still be crippled because of my breath. If you are reading this, forget the negative reviews. I don’t know their problem but when I talked to 3 other people in his waiting room, they all told me how he had “saved” their lives. I really believe in Dr. Miller and wish him the best.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

My breath problem came to a head about 2 years ago with my husband who was tired of it cropping up so frequently.  I went to the dentist and she didn't notice any issues. This problem caused a lot of stress on my marriage and I am sad to say that my husband decided to move out.   Because this issue had reached a critical stage, I knew I needed an answer.  I started doing some of my own internet research.  This was more confusing than helpful.  For anything that one person said, there were at least three people who said it was the exact opposite.  Use a tongue scraper.  No don't.  It's usually your stomach.  No, it's usually your sinuses.  It was very frustrating. Part of the problem with the internet research is so much of it is from blogs, where anyone can make whatever claim they want without any sort of scientific backing. Finally, I did some more targeted internet research, and found that Dr. Miller was a specialist in this.  I got his book, and it was very helpful.  It was based on research with everything laid out very methodically.  After the holidays, I made an appointment.  Soon after, I began treatment.  I’ll admit, the treatments were not painful, but they were a commitment.  However, they worked!  Within three months and about 8 visits later, my husband, Dr. Miller, and my sister could no longer detect an odor.  It has been two years since the end of my treatment, and I still have no issues.  The ongoing regimen seemed like a lot at first but the cleaning routine became, well, routine, so it doesn’t seem like a big deal anymore.  And I made friends with the dietary restrictions because most of the recommendations are consistent with healthier eating in general.  If this is what gets me to eat healthier, so be it. In just a few months we went from not knowing what to do or where to turn to a complete cure. And now, two years later, I have no odor. My husband moved back in 3 months after I was cured, and we’ve been together ever since. We hope to start a family soon.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

When I saw Dr. Miller, I was 33 years old, single, with a good job. At 29 my breath caused my fiancé to end the engagement. That was a death blow to my confidence. I had a great sales job, but was barely making ends meet. I knew it was my breath. Dr. Miller was kind and caring and easy to trust. After 10 sessions and a fair amount of money I was cured. I was so ecstatic. All was well for about a month and then my bad breath came back. I was in a panic but I called his office and Dr. Miller personally called me and instructed me about taking a bacteria culture to find the problem. He called again with the results and prescribed antibiotics for the other bad bacteria. I went back for more sessions. He kept his word and didn’t give up until I was cured. Here’s the thing. He never charged me a dime for all the extra work, the culture, and the extra time he took to cure me. He was totally sincere that I be free of the monster of bad breath that had ruined my life and reassured me every step of the way. He was totally committed and wouldn’t give up even when I got discouraged. He knew his treatment worked and stood behind everything he said on his website and in his book It is now over a year since I last saw Dr. Miller, April, and Karin and my breath couldn’t be better. I am eternally grateful for all they did. They truly gave me my life back. I am happy to recommend Dr. Miller and the National Breath Center to anyone with bad breath. He and his staff will get to the bottom of it. That’s his personal guarantee and my own experience. And about that fiancé. I saw him at a party two weeks ago and we are going out again. My new found confidence helped me prove to him that my breath was no longer a problem.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

After 10 years of bad breath I was getting desperate. The last straw was when a patient (I am a nurse) said, “What is that smell?” I found Dr. Miller about 2AM on the internet, searching for something, anything that would get my life back. I called and Karin explained everything in a kind, understanding way. Long story short – I went and he cured my problem. My Halimeter was 496 to start, 69 at the end. One year later and I couldn’t be happier. I have a live-in boyfriend and no one turns away anymore. Dr. Miller really cares. He cured my problem and totally changed my life.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Richard A Miller from 2012 to present. I initially went to see Dr Miller for multiple dental issues and halitosis. I had already seen 2 other dentists and 2 physicians to no avail. Dr Miller assessed and treated all of my issues. My husband reports he detects no odor on my breath. My coworkers no longer cover their noses as they did previously. Dr Miller gives his patients his cell phone number. I called him on a Sunday in pain as well as early one morning in distess. He answered my after hour calls and scheduled to see me. I cannot say enough good things about this dentist and his staff. Desperation drove me to see Dr Miller. Satisfaction makes me stay with Dr Miller. I highly recommend this dentist. I have my beautiful smile back and I have Dr Miller to thank for that. I highly recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Miller from 2012 to around 2014. First the positive (the reasons for any stars): my experience with the receptionists and with the dental hygienists was always good. They were kind and professional. Dr. Miller himself is pleasant to interact with, and I believe that he does know a fair amount about bad breath and maybe even is capable of helping some people. However, at the point when I decided to leave (uncured), the most disappointing part (next to being uncured) is that he began lying to me and saying that I was cured (which happened at each of my last 3 visits, 4-6 months apart). I gave him more of a chance than I should have probably partly out of desperation, and also because I had a hard time believing that he would go to the lengths that he did to LIE about my supposedly being cured. However, by the last visit I was almost positive that he was being deceptive in his use of the Halimeter (either not hooking it up correctly or not using it correctly). After one of those visits, I went across the street to CVS to buy something and asked for help finding a product, only to watch the poor employee almost pass out. It took her a few seconds to collect herself and respond to me. When I got to the cash register the lady at checkout had apparently been warned and was wearing one of those dust/face masks. That was immediately after a series of tests (two tests supposedly based on Dr. Miller's sense of smell and one supposedly based on the halimeter, which supposedly showed that I was cured). Since then I have had family members confirm that I'm not cured (which I should have done much sooner). I would not recommend going to Dr. Miller.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr. Richard A. Miller's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Richard Miller graduated from the Ohio State University College of Dentistry in 1973. Since graduation, he has been in private practice specializing in comprehensive restorative dentistry and halitosis elimination. In 1993, he discovered the Total Cure for bad breath and founded the National Breath Center. Dr. Miller has spoken about his treatment at a number of prestigious dental meetings both in the United States and abroad, such as the British Dental Association, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Liberty Dental Conference, Hinman Dental Meeting, Dallas Mid-Winter Meeting, and the Southwest Dental Conference, and twenty-two private seminars around the country. His work has been published in dental magazines and journals, including Dentistry Today, Your Health magazine, and The Dentist. He has appeared on All Things Considered (Public Radio), WGN, WZHF, Fox Channel 5, News Channel 8, and e-Health Radio.

• English

• Ohio State University (Grad. 1973)

• BCBS Massachusetts