Ratings for Dr. Zahoor A. Makhdoom

The first two patients' comments are very similar to my experience. I had 3 procedures/tests and never had a follow-up. No one explained why I needed the 2 additional tests. I asked about a follow-up after each procedure and was told there would be a follow-up appointment but all I got were 2 phone calls and 1 voicemail saying your tests came back okay, call us if you have any questions. I believe Dr. Makhdoom is very knowledgeable and qualified but I feel he was more interested in my insurance card than in my health. His staff was polite and friendly and "assembly line efficient." I am hesitant to recommend him to others because of the lack of a follow-up and chance to ask questions.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

It has been difficult to set up appointments, whenever I am able to talk to someone. The ease of getting in was poor. The wait for my appointment was +45 minutes for 2 visits. Procedure day was the only day they really attentive but why give the patient the results immediately following procedure, when they are still groggy. I don't remember anything after my procedure. There should have been a follow up appointment afterwards not a "here you go" result immediately after procedure. It has been over a month and half since first procedure. Still waiting on full report. I've called and doctor is out of office and I will not get results for at least 2 weeks. REALLY!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Only saw the PA and waited forever to see them for less than 10 minutes. Kept saying they would ask the doctor for me to come back in six weeks and still would have no answer. Kept wanting to do more test for a minor complaint, I have good insurance. I finally moved on.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

This "doctor" has confused patients with others and has refused to release medical records. The Illinois Attorney General has been contacted as well as Illinois Prefesional Review Board. Medicare is on the list to notify.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

This doctor is very good at his speciality. All of the staff, from the front window, to the nursing staff,are all very nice. I would definitly reccommend this dr to everyone!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010

Excellent Dr. with excellent bed side manners. Spent good time with his patients. His diagnosis is accurate. Office staff is very friendly.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

He is very knowledgeable and thorough when it comes to diagnosing problems. His office staff is very friendly willing to help you and they actually return calls in a timely manor. Dr. Mahkdoom has a wonderful bedside manor and I would recommend him to others. I gave the punctuality rating a 3 because there has been many times when I have waited over an hour to be seen by him. Overall, I am happy with his services and would recommend him to friends or family.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2007

Very knowledge able and even his PA is really good. And the staff is very caring and willing to do what you need.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2006

Dr. Zahoor A. Makhdoom's Credentials

• Liaquat Med Coll, Univ Of Sind, Jamshoro, Pakistan (Grad. 1981)

HealthPartners