Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Alfich

3/20/2010 - Dr. Alfich RETIRED about 2 years ago! (Get with it!) He is STILL being missed by many!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2010

misdiagnosed by gall stones, misinformation and not enough time for patients

flag | Submitted December 2, 2007

Robert Alfich is an outstanding Doctor and human being. I am very lucky to have him for my primary care physician. He is intelligent, caring, and well educated.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2007

DR.Alfich is a very kind,compassionate,and intelligent physcian.He treats his patients with dignity and respect especially those with dementia who are so deserving of extra kindness.His office staff have always been most helpful and responds in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007

I have had the honor of working with Dr Alfich off and on for the past 18 years. Dr Alfich is a caring and very patient doctor. He is compassionate about his profession and he treats his patients with respect and dignity. He has gone above and beyond the call of duty. He has made house calls, volunteered his time to a community health clinic and in his private practice has given free medical or very discounted care for those patients he knew where not able to pay the regular price for medical care. On a personal note on one occasion my husband ended up in the hospital for several days. After extensive testing my husband and being given a clean bill of health, my husband still continued with the same problem. He saw Dr.Alfich who preformed a simple blood test and found the reason for the problem. Once again I feel honored and blessed that I was able to work and with Dr. Alfich.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2007

I met Dr. Alfich when I was working as a hospice nurse. I can honestly say that I have not met such a completely competent, compassionate, and caring doctor as he since I moved from a small town in MT to AZ 7 years ago. I watched in awe as Dr. Alfich went above and beyond treating and comforting his terminally ill patients and their families in the most gentle, genuine, and dedicated way I have ever seen. No matter what hour of the day or night, Dr. Alfich was ready, willing, and able to help. No problem was too big or too small, because each and every problem mattered to him. Thank you Dr. Alfich for being true to your profession.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2007

When my elderly father and I relocated to AZ three years ago, we were very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Robert Alfich. I have been an RN for over 30 years and have worked in very prestigious institutions with the best of the best physicians. However, I have never known a doctor who is as kind, compassionate and competent as Dr. Bob. When my Dad was put on hospice, I had access to Dr. Alfich 24/7. He understood that, even though I was a nurse, I was a daughter first and he made sure that both my father and I got the best of care. I don't know how I would have gotten through that very difficult time without Dr. Alfich. I particularly appreciate that he is an advocate for his patients. He listens to and honors what the patient has to say and he will do everything to see that the patient gets timely and appropraite treatment. Dr. Alfich is a man of integrity who appreciates that laughter is the best medicine! I can't imagine having any other doctor! Nancy Nye, RN, LMFT

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

I called him Dr. Spielberg because for a while he looked like Steven Speilberg but now he appears much younger. He has always been caring, knowledgeable and helpful through my personal health problems and all of my wifes many medical issues

flag | Submitted February 1, 2007

I have had the same doctor since 1984 until he retired last year. I never thought I would find someone as nice as him. Well, I was wrong. Dr Bob, as I call him, is the finest doctor I know. His professionalism and caring demeanor is welcome these days. He seems genuinely concerned with your health and never make you feel like he does not have time for his patients. Saying that he goes above and beyond what is required from an MD is an incredible understatement. When my son got sick last month, he agreed to see him right away and after hours at my home to see if he could help. You do not get this type of attention and care from very many doctor, this one is a gem. As for the comment that was posted on this site about him not caring about a particular insurance, I am sadden that someone would rate a doctor without knowing his accomplishment. Dr Bob has worked for several years providing health care to people with no insurance. We need more Dr bob in this world1 Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2006

Dr Alfich is the finest doctor I have had during my lifetime. I wish I had met him decades earlier and I wish there were more like him. The care I have received is the best. But the doctor is more than just what he has done for me personally, he received the Physician of the Year accolade in 2000 from the US Dept of Public Health for his work in the communities he serves. He has been very active in geriatric and disabled care at various facilities and organizations in the area. I think this speaks volumes about the man.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2006

Dr. Robert A. Alfich's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1987)

Oxford