Ratings for Dr. Thomas Owen

Dr. Owen has done surgery on both my thumbs, Left hand in 2013, right in 2016. I found him to be very personable & knowledgeable. Both surgeries require a fair amount of time without the use of my hand so neither were taken on lightly. I would recommend Dr. Owen to anyone, he was more than willing to answer all my questions & even gave my husband a quick diagnosis & advice about his thumb at my followup appointment. All in all a very good Dr. & Surgeon & a very nice man.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Owen did a total shoulder replacement on me on Aug. 26 2015 ,because of hard work my shoulder was bone on bone and a bone spur on top of that. The surgery went well and I was able to go home the very next day. The discomfort of surgery was no where near as bad as the pain before the surgery. With that being said I saw Dr. Owen today Aug. 2 2016 to set a date to do the Left shoulder next Wednesday. I trust Dr. Owen since he did my right shoulder last year and it turned out Great. With all replacements, attitude is the key, you must do rehab. and be diligent about it. I still do my exercises 2 or 3 times a day or when the shoulder feels still, sometime it is as late as 10 PM. Dr. Owen is a good man and an outstanding Surgeon. Who can be trusted and looks out for your interest. At 70 years old I am looking forward to having 2 good shoulders again and lead a pain free life for many years to come. gu Thanks Dr. Owen

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I can not even begin to praise Dr. Owen enough. This was the third surgery (he did not preform the previous surgeries)and the last attempt to fix my shoulder. I was pretty scared going into this surgery. I came out a believer. There was NO SWELLING, NO BRUSING, but most I did not feel like I had been run over by a truck!!!!! This is 3 weeks after surgery and my therapy group says that they cannot believe the range of motion so far. I AM A BELIVER!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I saw Dr. Owen's and found him to be cheerful and knowledgable, i.e. he seems to be a good doctor. His office manager (Jackie), however, is downright rude. I don't put up with rudeness so I've chosen another doctor to perform my surgery.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr Owen saw my husband for his shoulder. He needed rotator cuff surgery and some bone spurs removed. After the procedure Dr Owen was very comforting and everything went really well. My husband is back shoveling the driveway! Highly recommend

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Owen saw my mother last week and was amazing! Answered all of our questions and explained my mothers upcoming procedure putting putting the both of us at ease. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Really a good experience. Dr Owen was helpful and knowledgeable and really personable. He listened to me and took extra time with my story. He was also quite funny! He found a way to treat me nonoperatively and everything went better than i could have imagined! Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr Owens showed little to no interest in my father, during his appointment. He didn't listen to 80% of what my father was saying, after Dr. Owens asked him to describe his symptoms. Then when I asked questions, he flat out ignored me completely. It took me repeating myself 3 times for him to address any of my questions to which he said, "Yes, you've asked me that 3 times now." My response, "And I'm going to keep asking until you answer my question." I had to strong arm him into prescribing basic oral steroids for my father so he could at the very least sleep at night. Something that cost Dr. Owens absolutely nothing, was in no way endangering my father but was considered "unnecessary" because it wasn't his idea. Never mind that the steroids worked. Dr. Owens literally thought that it was okay to not answer or address any of my questions and concerns and almost none of my father's. It was a complete waste of time to see him and in retrospect I would not take a prairie dog to him for treatment. He was rude, cold and completely unhelpful. If you need to see someone for your hands or neck see ANY other physician in that practice.

Submitted September 25, 2014