Ratings for Dr. Monte G. Merrell

He was my favorite. Sorry he left the area. No other doctor had ever listened to me. He for me through a tough, complicated pregnancy.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

I guess he left here now so doesn't matter what people here think or worry about

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Merrell is the best OBGYN I've ever had. He answers all my questions, made my husband and I feel at ease every visit during my pregnancy and did an awesome job on my c-section. This was my third c-section and Dr. Merrell removed scar tissue that was left behind by doctors who performed my prior c-sections, making the new scar much smaller. I also healed so quickly after this c-section that I was able to go home from the hospital early. I'm a bigger lady, and Dr. Merrell kept this in mind when giving me medical advice. He never advised me to do anything that would put me or my baby at risk. Dr. Merrell is genuine. He takes the time to really hear and answer questions, unlike some doctors I've had who just seem to want to move on to the next patient in a hurry. He never made me feel like I was taking too much of his time, even when I had a lot of questions. He always made me feel like I was the only appointment he had, even though I know he was busy.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

I loved my experience with Dr. Merrell. I had ovulation problems and had been to two doctors previously that wanted me to do $1000's of dollars worth of tests or go vegan before they would prescribe me clomid. Dr. Merrell only did the necessary test and they put me on clomid, which was a success. He was very relaxed and always answered my weird questions. He always remembered me and my husband. For the birth he made sure that he was there, even if it was right in the nick of time to catch the baby at 2 in the morning. Also the staff at the Clinic was great and the nurses at Riverton Hospital were amazing!!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

My wife and I picked this Dr. due to having medicaid for our insurance, and this being our first pregnancy we didn't really know any doctors. He seemed very knowledgeable and helpful AT FIRST. We were expecting twins so things got a little more complicated. Some of the major areas of concern I have with him now is 1. We got an ultra sound at 17 weeks discovering twins, he didn't do one until after we found that out 2. You are not supposed to workout with twins and he said it was totally fine to do, so my wife kept her regimen. 3. My wife got an infection during the pregnancy which he said it is NOTHING we should be concerned about, well later on that infection got into one of the twins placenta's, which lead to my wife's water breaking at 6 months along. The twins lived for about an hour. I had no idea what to expect during a pregnancy but I know now how ridiculous it was for him to not know some of these things. Very frustrated still at the outcome, I miss my boys.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

I found Dr. Merrell very helpful, I had an infertility consultation with him, and he was very polite and listened to all of my concerns and ideas before making plans. I was afraid of things being awkward or that my concerns would be ignored, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

Dr. Monte G. Merrell's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal