Ratings for Dr. Natalie Nys

I have been going to Doctor Nys for about a year now and she is such a horrible doctor! I pay $20 to see her I expect to be in her office longer than I was in the waiting room. The worst visit I had with her was just recently. I went in for TMJ jaw pain due to my increasing anxiety and I left with DEPRESSION medication!? Not only that but she LIED to me and said the government required an HIV test for everyone "Regardless of risk". Being lied to by my own doctor is where I draw the line. I will never be going back to her again.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

Not certain if it is fair to rate Dr. Nys. She has since moved "to Virginia," according to the appointment setter at UFMB. We were told that "she will be missed."

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Dr Nys is the best doctor I've ever been to. She is always very personable and positive, explains everything, is interested in what I'm thinking, feeling, and doing in my life, is always up to date on the latest research, especially in regard to nutritional and alternative approaches to health.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2008

I had a very good experience with Dr. Nys. She is willing to discuss issues with me and has been able to think outside the box and to work with me to figure out the best path to proceed on some unusual issues. When specialized issues arise, she has been able to refer me to the right places to find the information I need.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

Dr. Nys is part of a very large HMO-type practice. "HMO" should tell you that Dr. Nys will not go above and beyond the standard 5-10 minute office visit. Dr. Nys is good if you have an earache...but is not able or willing to attempt to figure out if you have shingles or just arthritis, etc. The best way to describe this HMO-practice style is "haughty and careless." Also, if you choose Dr. Nys because you think she is an Osteopath in the truest sense of the practice, think again. She would rather write you a prescription for back pain than check to see if some spinal adjustments would be more effective. As an Osteopath she has lost her way, and that is most disheartening.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2007

Takes ample time to review chart before visit so visit can be efficient and effective. Always does thorough job and explains every test and its purpose in clear terms. She takes time to explain what she's looking for during an exam and how what she's doing tells her what she needs to know. She is very gentle and patient with pelvic/PAP procedure, the first time I went in she told me everything she was about to do so I would know what was coming next, rather than just shoving instruments around like previous docs had. Now I know what's going on down there instead of just having to endure the procedure. She has lots of outside references which she shares so we can make decisions about care/prescriptions/etc. together and decide which is best for me. She always, always takes time to see if I have anymore questions or concerns and answers every one. She waits until I say I don't have any other questions before leaving. Best doc I ever had.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2006

Dr. Natalie Nys's Credentials

• Mi State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1998)

HealthPartners