Ratings for Dr. Frederick J. Vincent

Dr. Vincent has performed my aneurysm follow-ups. He is an excellent Doctor. There are (2) staffs. One staff is the direct line when calling in. They have been known to be rude, short and almost juvenile when you question why there has been no return call from the Dr. If you are seen in emergency, and they tell you to call this office the next day due to aneurysms.. then you have the staff telling you they see the report and it doesn't look as if it is an urgent matter, the receptionist/admin, should not be making that decision. After several attempts, the direct staff to Dr. Vincent's office returned my call and immediately took me in. I was scheduled for surgery in the same week due to the severity of my brain aneurysm. Just think, if I did not advocate for myself with the first staff, where I would be today. Probably not here. Be your advocate or if you are searching for a family/friend member, be theirs. Once Dr. Vincent is aware of your condition, he is professional at every level. He is very intelligent, not quick to react and works well with a team of Doctors. He did exceptional work on my aneurysms. Very grateful for his knowledge and skills.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I went to Dr. Vincent after i was diagnosed with an AVM (anterior venous malformation) i was born with this but no one lnew i had this. Dr. Vincent was very nice to me! We are both Canadians so we had this in common. Dr. Vincent performed my brain surgery. He saved my life!!!! I owe everything to this man. Thank you thank you Dr. VIncent you are an AMAZING surgeon!!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

BEWARE - Dr. Vincent is a man willing to lie to benefit his practice @The Oregon Clinic. DO NOT accept him as an option for your neurosurgery needs.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Dr. Frederick Vincent operated on (2) of (3) of my brain aneurysms. He saved my life. If you are looking for a Dr. to make you laugh, listen to you talk on & on, or say certain things to make you feel better, then he is not for you. If you want the straight truth, no chit chatting yet straight to the point and expertise.. he is the one. He is highly educated. Works with a team of Doctors. Is thorough in his reports. Creates 3D models to explain what you have and what he is going to do. I would recommend him to anyone. Truly saved my life.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

My experience with this office has been terrible. I would agree with others that staff have been rude and arrogant. I am uncertain to what extent the problem is Dr. Vincent and to what extent the problem is his support staff, but either way, I do not get the sense that there is a well-functioning team here. Support staff do not return calls; also, strange excuses were made by support staff for not returning calls (your phone number was cut off in the message you left us; "I tried to leave a message but couldn't" (no one else has had this problem)). I am concerned that the MD did not have the time to know my case well before meeting with me, and has not been available to answer questions before scheduled exploratory surgery. I was given a 20-minute audience with a PA who seemed harried and arrogant, and when I asked if there was any chance that intervention would occur, she indicated not at the time of the exploratory surgery but perhaps the next day. My husband later called with a couple of basic questions (such as "how urgent is the surgery?") and was treated with annoyance, indicating that I had already had 20 minutes with a physician's assistant. I also have had several questions about which medications to discontinue, and no one has bothered to answer them. I would expect much more care to be taken in approaching a surgery far less vital than neurosurgery. This team has left me and my family feeling frightened, angry, and ill-informed about some potentially very serious neurovascular problems. I do not understand why my case has been handled as it has been, but feel compelled to seek out a surgeon and surgical team who can win my trust.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Dr. Frederick J. Vincent

Dr. Frederick J. Vincent's response
We are sorry to hear you had this experience. We value patients first and foremost and management will be reviewing this with the provider and staff.

Submitted May 18, 2016

Do not go to this doctor. He was very rude and pompus to me. He had no bed-side manner.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2007

Dr Vincent was very helpful. He recommended surgery however the decision was up to us. He visited everyday even the weekend and in his follow up appointment explained in detail what had been done and showed the x-ray to us.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2007

Dr. Vincent performed my surgery recently. On my first visit, he left it up to me whether I wanted the surgery or not. I thought a doctor should guide you in these things? But apparently not everyone wants surgery so it is up to the patient if they want to try other methods. The surgery was a success and he did a great job (the scar looks really clean). But he is hard to talk to and is missing some emotions. But I think that is normal for most surgeons as it comes with the job.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2007

Had misfortune to meet Dr. Vincent only once in his office for about 10 minutes and it was time totally wasted; without knowing me or knowing anything about me, without reason Dr. Vincent presented himself as very arrogant and controversial person, provoking argument; formal complaint was filed with the SHSC but so far no reply;

flag | Submitted June 7, 2007

Dr. Frederick J. Vincent's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Vincent completed his undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering at Ecole Polytechnique, University of Montreal in Montreal, PQ. He completed his MD at Laval University in Quebec and his Neurosurgery Residency at University of Montreal, Notre-Dame Hospital CHUM, in Montreal, Quebec. He later completed a Spine Fellowship at Toronto Western Hospital and a Neuro-Endovascular Fellowship at Buffalo Neuro Group, Catholic Health System in Buffalo, NY. In his free time, Dr. Vincent enjoys reading about computer organization and design, especially the relationship between hardware and software.

• English

• Université Laval (Grad. 1998)

• Integra Foundation Award for tumors (CNS Meeting), 2007
  • National Sciences and Engineering Research council of Canada (NSERC) Scholarship Awardee, 1992
  • Research studentships from the Medical Research Council/Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Assocation of Canada (ACIM-CRM) Scholarship Awardee, 1994-1996

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union