Ratings for Dr. Joana J. Tamayo

Over the course of a year, I have had 4 canceled appointments by this doctor. The ones she rescheduled were canceled also. One was canceled a day or so before, and another while I was physically standing in the office. This is the worst experience I have had with a "professional" in my entire life. How can you cancel on the same patient 4 times!? The staff was my even apologetic about the canceled appointment even though I told then this was the 4th time canceling. Truly at a loss of words that such an unprofessional physician practice exists.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

she's young but very knowledgeable. she likes to provide as much information to her patients so we can, in turn, make an intelligent decision when it comes to our care. it shows that she loves her profession & thru that her level of care is outstanding.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Tamayo is a smart and very personable doctor. She earned our trust from the getgo and was wonderfully supportive throughout the entire birth process.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

I wish I could have seen Dr. Tamayo, as she clearly has glowing reviews from patients. However, her office staff leave much to be desired. While I waited in the reception area, another patient was filling out medical background forms on the computer. She was unsure of how to sign the form on the computer, and the receptionist Ashley was incredibly rude and condescending with her, at one point asking her whether the patient knew how to use the mouse. She simply barked directions from behind the desk. I also had a few questions about insurance claims, and the insurance authorization person, Melina, was also rude and inconsiderate. She blamed me (the patient) for problems that occurred when Dr. Tamayo's office dropped the ball, and kept claiming that she (Melina) was not personally at fault for the problems. I am extremely disappointed with the lack of professionalism by Dr. Tamayo's staff. I expect this type of poor service from big box retail, not a private medical practice.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

I love Dr. Tamayo!!! The day I came in they were running behind a little bit, and the nurse came into the room twice (w/o me asking) to let me know how much longer and how many clients were ahead of me. When Dr. Tamayo was ready (which only took 20 minutes) she apologized for my waiting, and took me into her office to get a complete history of me and why I was there. I'm so used to doctors rushing and not caring about all the details, but Dr. Tamayo wanted to know everything relevant to my visit and medical history. She also seemed to genuinely care about my health and well-being. During the exam, she told me everything she was doing so there weren't any "surprises." She also explained all of the tests she was doing and why, and what to expect depending on results. Overall, everyone in the office is very attentive to the patient and they make you feel comfortable and taken care of. Dr. Tamayo is caring, genuine, friendly, professional and the BEST ob/gyn I have ever gone to!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

Dr. Tamayo is so kind and caring and truly loves what she does and it shows. She is on time and the office staff is kind and helpful. She is very easy to get a hold of and answers you quickly. I would highly recommend her to anyone in search of an OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

I see my posting has been deleted. She punctured my bladder, didn't call back after many messages. Finally, told me to go in the doctors office to see her partners, she still didn't show. They made me wait in the waiting room with severe pain & finally when i was back in the OR for another surgery, she showed up.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

We used to agree with the other post on this page until the day of the delivery. She never showed up to the hospital until after being in labor for over 24 hours. Never once did she call or show up to see if everything was fine. After being in labor for near 30 hours, she shows up last minute after a fever had already been run and both mother and baby were in distress. Emergency C Section took over 20 to even get started. Her relaxed attitude was uncalled for and had consequences. The mother now has a heart condition and not once did Dr. Tamayo take any responsibility for her actions. I would never refer her to anyone, and it's ashame because we did like her. Not anymore. We will be reporting her to the appropriate medical board.

Submitted March 23, 2010

I had lost my faith in having a dr. that was a human until I started seeing Dr. Tamayo. She is knowlegable and extremely caring. She goes the extra yard to make sure her patients understand everything medically and does so with warmth and compassion. She is a true gem of a dr.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

She was so patient and calm. It was my first time seeing an OBGYN and she was amazing. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Dr. Joana J. Tamayo's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

UnitedHealthcare