Ratings for Dr. Roxanne Karimi

Dr. Karimi found out what I have (mild case of Crohn’s). I got to her after seeing 3 other doctors, one of them wanted to perform an unnecessary surgery. Dr. Karimi has been so accurate with the diagnostics, willingness to work with me to find out the best treatment and also respecting my desire to minimize drugs. She is special, sometimes it may seems that she is a little rude, as she may be short sometimes, but in the other way around, she is very sweet, so don’t get hung into it! (I think it is just cultural). She has been always there for me, very compassionate and always gives me the feeling that she will be there when I need her, and she will understand. The most important thing is that she is the best gastroenterology I have met!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

I have seen Dr. Kirimi twice now. She treats me with kindness & offered solutions to a prob that I have been experiencing for a few yrs now since my gallbladder was removed. The "sloppy" surgeon had spilled the contents of the bile in to my body & she felt that there may still be residue or a small stone left over that was the culprit of my pain & RX'd me a medicine to disolve the sediment. After only a few days of taking that medicine, I no longer have upper abdomen pain which would wake me up in the middle of the night. My other GI dr just told me I had too much stomach acid and to take a pill & offered no other resolution. I really like her & have recommended her to my friend & to my hubby. The only thing is sometimes it is hard to hear her because she speaks so softly & because of her accent, so you only need to ask her to speak up & repeat what she just told you. Then there is NO miscommunication involved.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

I saw doctor Karimi for about a year for a serious GI problem. She was unable to find the answer but throughout the testing she stressed me out. She told me I had several different things that I did not have; including crohn's and MS. On a Friday she told me I may have colon cancer. Then on Monday, when I saw her again, she asked how my weekend was. I told her it was stressful and her exact words were, "Why? It's not like you have cancer." I was floored by this. I thought it was really unprofessional of her to even bring up cancer on a Friday and then treat me like that. Cancer is a very scary word. Especially since I have an extensive family history of cancer. I would not recommend her to anyone. Ever.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Very useful session preparing for routine colonoscopy. Dr. Karimi did a complete history and we found that I had an additional gastro problem that needed to be treated to prevent long term effects. I will definitely go back to see her for any other GI need.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Karimi for over 10 years. She is an amazing Dr. Compassionate, caring, patient. She has helped me through some of the worst times of my life. She is also the only Dr. that hasn't blamed every ailment on my weight. She listens, thinks things through, isn't afraid to order tests. She also is the first to say if she doesn't know about something. She refers out when she's at her limit or even when she thinks someone else will know more. Every member of my family goes to her now due to my great experiences. My father worked his entire career in the medical field (radiology specifically) and he respects Dr. Karimi more than any other Dr. he's met. Anytime someone in the family has something wrong, he says, "Go to Dr. Karimi," or "What did Dr. Karimi say?" because he knows she knows her stuff. I can't say enough positive things about her.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a doctor. I honestly felt like she didn't care, she didn't take the time to follow up after appointments or fully explain the results of my test. There is nothing worse than being in pain and looking to a doctor's help and finding none. On one occasion I waited close to 20min, hearing her and other patient giggling. When she finally came in to see me it was all business and at the end of our few minutes together she left the room without even saying goodbye. Her disregard toward me felt personal although there is nothing I can imagine that would have upset her in the short appointments we had. Even if she didn't like me for whatever reason, it is a doctor’s duty to treat each patient fairly and work towards resolving medical issues while provided good bedside manner. I feel that my visits with Dr Karimi were a waste time and money.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2008

She is the only doctor who actually cared enough to listen about what was going on with me. She is very knowledgeable about the rare diseases as well. She's wonderful and I would recomment Doctor Karimi to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2006