Ratings for Dr. Brian N. Morelli

I found Brian Morelli after trying to look for a doctor that could treat my injury which resulted in dislocating the last 3 bones in my tail bone. I sat down hard on the edge of a wooden box and the 3 bones were crushed and pushed upwards into my lower spine. On the first visit he examine my spine and tail bone and discovered I also had a herniated disc in the lower L4-L5 section of my spine. When I suggested that the herniated disc developed from the broken tailbone accident he dismissed it as "highly unlikely." That all my pain was coming entirely from my back and that my tailbone would soon stop hurting. He told me he knew of a Coccydynia specialist which was the type of doctor I needed. But he said he would not give me his contact information unless I received epidural needle injections first to try to treat my herniated disc. I stated that I was reluctant to do so for fear of the possible side effects that are associated with epidural injections. I had refused it during child birth and was uneasy of trying them. But I needed the contact information of the specialist and if this was the only way then I would do it. I received 2 epidural needle injections. The first one slightly pinched a nerve making me twitch unvoluntarily. I told the staff at the pain clinic Morelli referred me to that it had hurt and had expirienced zero relief from the injection. I was pushed to try another one. The second one pinched a nerve again and hurt even more and made me spazz unvoluntarily even more. Then I was told to try 2 other different types of injections, on Morelli''s orders, before being able to consult the specialist for surgery to have my tailbone removed. 1 injection went directly into the site of the broken tailbones which only worked to aggrivate my pain even further. The other injection was called a Ganglion Impar of Block. This was an injection intended to distribute numbing medication on a glad located next to the bottom of the tailbone. I was in excruciating pain the 1st day and on the 2nd day I woke up with a small hernia on my a.nus. The nurses and doctors at the pain clinic also told me that it was not possible this could have been a aide effect from the last injection. I stopped going to the clinic after that and was not able to see Dr. Morelli again. 2.5 years later and I still have unvoluntarily muscle spasms and twitches all over my body originating from my lower back. My tailbone has progressively continued to be pushed further and further upwards from the acts of sitting down to eat meals or drive in a car. The pain has reached and unbearable level where I avoid these actions. My mobility has been severely comprimised. I lay in bed most of the days. Going to the bathroom is highly unpleasant, my stool had absolutely no consistency and bowel control movements have started to become affected. My sister was able to find a lazer surgery facility that specializes in my type of injury. Dr. Brían Morelli and the pain management clinic he referred me to did not listen to me at all about my concerns or complaints. Morelli was cocky and dismissed of my assessment and judgement of the pain in my body. He used tactics of extortion to get me to do as many needle injections as possible because he received a certain percentage of money for every injection he referred. Something I later found out by the pain management clinic staff.

Submitted January 25, 2017

I have read all the negative comments and chalk them up to the patient not having enough knowledge themselves about their own condition. I have found that he is very knowledgeable and could not help me at the time. I have vascular problems and was not a good surgical candidate at the time. He could have done the surgery as I am in massive pain as my spine is collapsing on itself. Any other doctor would have taken the chance and operated. I probably would have died during surgery. Dr. Morelli cares, one of the few doctors that still holds his hypocratic oath sacred. I will be going back to him soon to see if my body is healthy enough to do the surgery. I trust him with my life. He will tell me how it is, good or bad, and I will believe him.......As for any bad reviews about him, no way. Just because the Dr. doesn't do what the patient wants, instead of asking why, the get mad and give a bad review. If they had asked why, I know Dr. Morelli would have taken the time to explain. This is his way. ........Kudos to you, Dr. Morelli.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

After reading the negative comments about Dr. Morelli, I have to say that I totally DISAGREE with them. I went to see Dr. Morelli recently for back and neck problems that have been getting progressively worse over the years. Not only was he knowledgeable and very thorough, he was extremely compassionate towards my situation. He also called me less than 24 hours after I had my MRI's with the results. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who asks. He is an excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

As I read the negative comments about Dr. Brian Morelli, I have to say that I do not agree. This man is wonderful! I've been seeing him since October 2013 & just had my 3rd surgery with him. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable in his field, polite, attentive to my condition & to my needs. I am currently on the mend from my disc herniations & I cannot thank this man enough for fixing me. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

My visit with Dr. Morelli was a complete waste of time. His bed side matter was horrible. He basically told me I cannot help you. So basically I asked him so what your saying is I have to live like this the rest of my life and and he just shrugged his shoulders. I am in my early 40's and had injured my neck, shoulder, lower back & tail bone. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

I have had multiple surgeries with Dr. Morelli as I have DDD, Stenosis, and even had a disc that ruptured 2x and I needed Emergency surgery 2x. I happen to become his patient while in the Emergency Room @ Stony Brook Hospital back in 2011. Most recent surgery was 3 level fusion in May 2013. I am already back at work, lifting my 2 small children, and (knock on wood) feel great. I FINALLY have my life back and I really owe it to Dr. Morelli. He is extremely educated, nice, patient,great surgeon and explains well to you. His staff is also very nice in the office and the wait time is short. I highly recommend Dr. Morelli.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

My visit with Dr. Morelli was horrible. After being in a car accident last year my lower back is still in a lot of pain. I have L5-S1 Disc Herniation, foraminal stenosis and DDD. His bed side manner was horrible and he basically dismissed me and told me I have PTSD as if he is a psychiatrist as well. Not happy with him at all.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2013

Dr. Morelli was compassionate and a concerned doctor. He checked my MRI and sent me for a cat scan also. He determined I needed surgical intervention from L4-S1 and I decided to have the surgery. Since the surgery I have been a new man and have a new life. He is caring, compassionate and I recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

I was among four patients who had definitively poor visits with this physician (three others were audibly complaining at reception). The doctor was dismissive about an exceedingly painful back condition with which I've suffered for nearly two decades. Of my medical condition (previously diagnosed definitively by three other doctors, including a specialist from Oxford University, UK), he indicated that "there's nothing wrong." He indicated, "I'm a surgeon," and as surgery was not an option for me, he appeared distinctly unmotivated to provide any other form of guidance/treatment -- i.e., he failed to refer me to another doctor within the practice, rather recommending that I "go back" to my previous doctor (who is located over 80 miles away). Patently unhelpful, painfully arrogant and laughably detached from his patients pain and suffering, I would avoid this "doctor."

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Dr. Brian N. Morelli's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 2008)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal