Ratings for Dr. Nicholas G. Pejic

Dr. Pejic is great! Very caring and knowledgeable. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Pejic for several years and am more than satisfied. Not only is he very knowledgeable, he is always punctual. I never have to wait more than 10 minutes and this is rare. Accepting, understanding, and learning more about my mental illness with Dr. Pejic has brought new meaning to my life. His empathy and compassion for his work is why I will continue to be his patient.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

The two comments about Dr. Pejic must be coming from people who are detoxing from drugs or alcohol (so they blame their problems on everyone else) or completely deluded. Dr. Pejic is the best psychiatrist I have encountered in New Orleans. He is caring, empathic, knowledgeable, and invested in his patients. He takes his time with each patient and often goes overtime with me and the other patients. This may be annoying sometimes, but he lets people have their bad days and listens. He will not cut someone off because time is up. He is no where near cocky, or arrogant. This may be a perception issue. Dr. Pejic has helped me through very dark times. He listens, where many other doctors just jump to diagnoses. After 10 years of going to psychiatrists, he was the ONLY doctor who finally diagnosed me correctly. He responds quickly to patient calls. He is top notch. He is caring. He is worth going to if you feel you need help for depression, ect.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

What can I say about Dr. Pejic? He treated me for several months, and I did like him, or want to like him. But it's true, he does come off as very cocky and sure of himself. He's very attractive and I'm sure he gets his pick of whoever he wants. I think he likes to cut thru the BS and if he senses you aren't being forthcoming he will disconnect. I was going thru a lot of things when I was his patient. Eventually I felt like I said too much and stopped going. Plus I wanted to find a doc that took insurance. His office is very nice, he does like to wrap it up quickly, he is not a very warm person, and he may come off completely uninterested in what you're saying, or will have to review his notes to remember who you are. All that said, I still like the guy - he's very young and accomplished and maybe deserves the chip on his shoulder. So I would give a lukewarm recommendation. But I thin Dr Pejic needs to learn to be more friendly, because why else would anyone keep the same shrink?

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

This is the most condescending human being. I cannot imagine a guy this cruel dealing with patients having anxiety and other fragile. I have never had a doctor act this rude. And he is a cocky, unconcerned jerk. And he doesn't take insurance bc he's, in my opionion, in it for the easy money. He charges you a day before your appointment, but is unconcerned about missing your appointment. Even if you show up late and he has no patient waiting, he will charge you and send you on your way, regardless of your mental health.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011