Ratings for Dr. Melanie Petro

I have had Voluma filler in my cheekbones once before by another plastic surgeon; it was so overdone that I didn't recognize myself, after almost 2 years it is finally gone. I wanted the voluma done again but wanted it to 'suit for face structure' in my cheeks. Dr. Petro NAILED IT! She is like an artist with fillers; very conservative, steps back and looks , injects a small amount at a time until she is pleased. It is perfect. Thanks! lana swatek

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Dr. Petro in unprofessional and overpriced. There are better cosmetic surgeons in Birmingham that treat their patients with respect.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Awesome experience! She knew just what u needed!!! Love the new office!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Thank you Dr. Petro and staff for such an amazing experience with the Micropeel! Can not wait to see my final result! Thankful for a doctor who knows has a laser that can be tailored for my specific skin care needs! Little (almost no) downtime and a glowing face is more than I could ever ask for!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr petro is amazing!! She helped me decide what's best for my skin and my budget...her results are incomparable. Thanks Dr Petro!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Excellent person and surgeon. Great new location and caring staff.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I wanted to follow up with you from my visit this afternoon, and express in writing, how pleased I am with my surgery results. Exercise has been a big part of my life since I was a young girl. As a 47 year old woman, time and gravity were really taking a toll on the appearance and performance of my legs. Having a history of varicose veins, I knew I needed to take action, but was unsure how to proceed. After my initial consultation with you, I knew I had not only found the solution to my problem, but more importantly, the perfect doctor to perform the procedure. Your caring nature and patience with ALL my questions was so greatly appreciated! I was skeptical and concerned that the surgery might impair or hamper my performance, quite the opposite has occurred. I am able to run and spin faster and longer than I have in many years. My legs feel so much stronger!!! My husband has told me many times since the surgery how beautiful my legs look.Thank you for everything!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Wonderful staff, her office is so nice. I always feel relaxed and she is just GREAT... Go see her, and she will make you look great.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

I just had my first Botox and facial filler treatment---Dr. Petro was great at providing all my options, explained the treatments and gave me alternatives based on my budget. So it has been a week and I could not be more pleased with my results. Initially I was not certain I made the right decision to have a treatment. Tisha reassured me and told me it was something that so many people have all the time and now I know why! All my friends and co-workers think I look great----so the vacation really was restful I tell them and I keep my little scandalous treatment a secret!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2014

Dr.Petro made me feel at ease when i told her about my issue with my eyes. I have always felt that they were not open enough and thought my eyes looked tired in photos, being younger i though i had to wait to have something till my eye doctor told me i needed it done. I knew with my first visit with Dr. Petro that i trusted her opinion and knew she wanted the best for me to make myself feel pretty and confident. The day of the procedure she spoke with me and just gave me a sense of calmness i have not felt with other doctors. I would recommend her to everyone! She did such a beautiful job with my eyes you cant even tell i had anything done. She is amazing!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Dr. Melanie Petro's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Melanie L. Petro, MD is is a board certified cosmetic surgeon providing state-of-the-art surgical and non-surgical options for the face and body. Being a woman brings a level of comfort and understanding that creates a unique opportunity to discuss your concerns with a doctor who empathizes and supports you.

• English

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

• gardendale