Ratings for Dr. John S. Harris

I can't believe this man is still practicing. He delivered my son 24 years ago and every time I remember the birth, especially on my son's birthday, I am reminded of how horrible the experience was. He seemed very nice at my regular appointments, but apparently, he hates delivering babies. I was very young (22) and this was my first baby. The hospital required a natural birthing class which was very influential. As a result, I resisted every unnatural thing the staff wanted to do. The doctor asked, "Do you want me to leave?" in a nasty voice. My husband was frightened and said, "No, Doc. We don't want you to leave." He did such a poor job of stitching me up that after my next baby, that nice doctor insisted on fixing it. Later, another woman told me that Dr. Harris behaved just as badly with her. He said, "If you're not going to have this baby, I'm going to go finish watching my game!" Beware of this guy. I doubt he has changed and he may seem nice, until the moment you need him most.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

When i first started seeing Dr. Harris, he seemed like a good doctor. On my fifth visit, he was very very rude and his bed side mannor was awful. He told me that i had Endometriosis and when i started to cry he VERY rudely looked at me and asked why i was crying and stormed out. I immediately changed doctors, and im so glad that i did! I am now a patient of Dr. Sylvia McBrides and she is very attentive and listens to everything that you have to say or may be concerned about. I would never refer someone to Dr. Harris based on his bedside manner alone.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Dr. John S. Harris's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Meridian, MS