Ratings for Dr. Dawna L. Gutzmann

Saw her a few times as a psychiatrist from a recommendation from my not-so-great therapist. Dr Gutzmann is prompt and thorough when it comes to paperwork related to insurance, and so on. But I found her to be quite uninterested in really getting to know my problems--perhaps she reserves that kind of care and attention for her therapy patients only. What was also risky was that she never cared about follow-up appointments and was fine to just prescribe refills via email. She didn't get to the right combination and dosage of meds for me anyway. Curiously hesitant to name any specific diagnoses. Never seemed to propose a holistic approach--again, that may be exclusively for her therapy patients.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr Gutzmann is an excellent Psychiatrist with astute diagnostic ability and a warm supportive manner. I would highly recommend this Doctor if you want to feel better and get some direction in life.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I really wanted to appreciate Dr. Gutzmann, but I found her to be lacking in knowledge of and empathy for PTSD, she is weirdly argumentative and judgmental, and she completely and unapologetically disregarded my transgender identity. She also treated me like I was bothering her when I followed up with her - at her request - and she has since never contacted me to schedule another appointment; not even check in to see if the medication is working (it actually exacerbated my symptoms, and I have since weaned off under the care of another psychiatrist). Her office is lovely, she is punctual, has a quiet and focused demeanor, and she prescribes - unfortunately, I cannot recommend her due to my negative experience.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

She was really nice, and very helpful.I went to see Dr. Gutzmann for a prescription for my meds,and I will probably continue to see her.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Dr. Dawna L. Gutzmann's Credentials

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)