Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Garone

Dr. Garone is arrogant, and unprofessional. He hardly listens to the patient and always in a hurry to get in and out of the office. He has messed up my medical history when speaking me with, referring to issues of what must have been a different patient. If you are looking for a compassionate doctor who will spend time with you explaining things, go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I'm a Certified Medical Assistant and a doctor who I know for along time advised me to go with doctor garone. he is very unprofessional, doesn't explain procedure and his nurse never return calls with results, he also excuse himself with others doctors saying lies and he is very rude, doesn't let you talk at all. I worked for the healthcare network andmy advised is to keep away from this doctor. his staff is rude and likes to talk bad about doctors and patients in front of others. his nurse name NaSHAE is very unprofessional and doesn't have any knowledge on how to advise patients. plus doesn't return calls.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

In my opinion One of the most unprofessional practices that I have had the misfortune to deal with.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

The practice is more and more chaotic. They forget things - messed up prescriptions - and now have hired a miserable desk woman to greet patients. I wonder who thought she'd be good at that job. Time to find a new Gastro

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I went for a routine colonoscopy. I rated Dr. Garone poor in helpfulness and knowledge because he spent 2 minutes talking with me before the procedure and 2 minutes afterward, and was rude. He made a judgment about my condition before talking with me or examining me, and was annoyed when I tried to explain. Walked out of the room. It was like someone hanging up on you on the phone. The rest of the GANV staff was fine -- anesthesiologists, nurses -- so I might go back to GANV sometime, but only if I get a different GANV gastroenterologist. I concur with the entry on Sept 23, 2011.

Submitted July 24, 2015

In 2000, I was taken for the 2nd time with Acute Pancreatitis. Dr. Garone was the GI doctor that picked up my treatment. The Dr. is very knowledgeable, excellent bed side manners. After discharge from Fair Oaks, I had the customary follow ups at his office. His staff were efficient, helpful and friendly. Dr. Garone played a key role in getting me transferred to George Washington Univ Hosp in DC for follow up surgery and treatment by Dr. Paul Lin, another excellent Dr. I have the highest regard for Dr. Garone.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

I have been a patient of Garone for over 25 years because I have chronic Crohyns... He has been right on the diagnosis every step and has been unusually successful in keeping my symptoms in check. He monitors me carefully with GI examinations and watches the effects of the medications closely. My last internal exams for upper and lower GI proved that the disease is mostly healed and not progressing which is unusual for a male patient well over 70 who has this disease.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

Substituted himself with another, beginner doctor; so much for waiting for the appointment for 3 weeks. It ended up with just giving me a prescription I used to have from another doctor, without listening to my concerns and explaining any of them. I told up front that the brochure they gave me for acid reflex is of no help to me at all, but the doctor just repeated the same things to me once more without paying any attention to what I've just said. After all, I spent 5 min with the doctor, paid my co-payment, and that's was end of story. Extremely frustrating experience.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

I visited this doctor when I started getting Acid Reflux symptons. The doctor seemed to be in a little hurry to listen to all my concerns. This may have been because he knew, what I was suffering with based on my first few comments. He identified me with Dyspepsia and then recommended Ultrasound, Bloodwork and an upper endoscopy. He performed the upper endoscopy on me which was perfect and based on the biopsy from that process identified a H.Pylori infection. The ultrasound came back with Gallstones so he recommended to have it under observation with the PCP.Good knowlegable, experienced doctor, seems to be in a little hurry though.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

Dr G's knowledge and confidence took me through a colonoscopy and EGD that I had postponed when suggested by other doctors. He was with me before and after the procedures - checking to be sure I was OK and to see if I had any questions. He gives 100% and expects the same from his office staff and the hospital staff. The patient is his number one concern.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Michael A. Garone's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1980)

AARP