Ratings for Dr. Thomas D. Shin

First time pregnancy at 38 with fibroids I had a lot of concerns. Dr Shin was very patient with my endless questions and did his best to reassure me Throughout my pregnancy. He also delivered our heavily baby boy! I do recommend him. He can be a little hard to read sometimes but he is an excellent Dr.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

Dr. shin is an amazing doctor! I went to him when I first found out I was pregnant because my friend recommended me to him and I remembered going to doctor visits with her when she was pregnant and dr.shin being really good. He truly made my pregnancy and prenatal visits so easy. Any concerns or worries I had he was right there to answer any questions. I couldn’t be more thankful for him and everyone in New York Presbyterian who made my first pregnancy experience wonderful. I don’t have to go back to him till next year and I’m really going to miss him lol ( I got use to these doctor visit) .

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Shin was absolutely wonderful. He went above and beyond to ensure the safe delivery of my baby. I will hold Dr. Shin with the highest regard forever.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

This is my first pregnancy so naturally I have a lot of questions and Dr. Shin seems to discourage them. Very unhappy with him.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

From my experience I can say that Dr. Shin is a great doctor. He is very knowledgeable. He listens to my concerns and had decided the best for me. He took care of my first pregnancy 12 years ago. Recently I had another son. He also took care of this pregnancy and delivered my baby as well. Plus, he helped a lot during 2 miscarriages I had; unfortunately both time I had to have a D&C because the sacks didn’t came out. During these procedures he perfectly explained to me what he was doing and made me feel so comfortable. I have no complains at all for my Dr. He always makes me feel that I’m in good hands, especially during those important occurrences of my life. Dr. Shin has always been very caring and helpful. He is just wonderful! I love him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

We had a terrible appointment with Dr. Shin. He missed out first appointment and we were not told of the cancellation until we were in the waiting room, then he was 1.5 hours late to our second appointment. When we finally got in to see him he was dismissive, unkind, and short. He did not listen attentively to any of our questions (we had made a list in advance since this was our 8 week pregnancy appointment). He was gruff and did not respond encouragingly to the idea that we wanted to have a natural vaginal delivery. Over all, we felt disappointed and unwelcome in his office and decided not to trust him with the labor and delivery of our baby. I do not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I love Dr. Shin. He has delivered two of my babies, with another on the way. He has always listened to my concerns and addresses them as needed. He is a warm caring doctor with a welcoming personality. I trust him because I know he knows what he is doing. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I didn't have any horrific experience like some of the reviewers here, but I didn't especially care for Dr. Shin. He didn't address any of the issues I listed on my intake form until I brought them up first, and I found his concern a bit phony. On the plus side he was quick with the exam and was patient with my discomfort during it. I would just choose someone else next time; I am looking for a doctor who takes time to address my issues.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Dr Shin was my OB and guided me through my labor which lasted 24 hours. He encouraged me to walk and get to a good place for an epidural and then gave me time to progress. Didn't push a c-section on me and although he had left the hospital before I delivered, he really supported me the whole way! I will be returning to him soon!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

I had Dr Shin for awhile. He is humble, kind, caring. I just love him. I do not belieeve that I would feel so comfortable with another GYN. Dr Shin has been my GYN for years.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

Dr. Thomas D. Shin's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

AARP