Ratings for Dr. Georgiy V. Brusovanik

Best back doctor in Miami! Takes his time and explains everything

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

There are no words to accurate describe the level of care and attention I received from Dr. Brusovanik and his incredible staff at Miami Back & Neck Specialists. No stranger to back pain, I was diagnosed with scoliosis and had my first surgery at the age of 17 (thoracic/lumbar spine fusion with CD-rods), back in the 1980s. Because I had been suffering from back pain for the last couple of years, following a car accident in 2011, I consulted with and was treated by a few orthopedics and orthopedic surgeons, to no avail. Month after month, my back pain just kept getting worst. It was debilitating and I had little to no quality of life. The doctors assured me my pain was muscular in nature and I should continue with the current treatment plan (epidurals, cortisone shots, pain medication, etc.). Hoping to find any kind of relief and as fate would have it, I met with Dr. Brusovanik in 2014. He reviewed my medical history and immediately identified that the source of my pain was not only due to the progression of my scoliosis, which had extended to the sacrum, but he was also the only doctor who identified the displacement of one of my CD-rods. A few months later, despite the traumatic experience from my first scoliosis surgery and all the pain management I had already endured over the last couple of years, I was ready to entrust Dr. Brusovanik and his team with my care because in all of my years I had never met a more empathetic, knowledgeable group of people who were truly dedicated to patient care. We scheduled the surgery, which was projected to take about six hours. The surgery took roughly 11 hours due to the actual condition of my spine, which could not have been foreseen through the study of my films. Dr. Brusovanik and his team were incredibly meticulous and wanted to ensure this would be the last spinal surgery I would need. Today, I am six months post op and while Dr. Brusovanik said my recovery would take six months to a year, I have to say that immediately following my surgery, my initial pain was gone! I couldn’t believe it! And while I am not fully recovered and have other pains to work through related to the surgery, I remain hopeful as I am moving in the right direction. Finally! I am forever grateful to Dr. Brusovanik and his team; he took the time to study my condition, consulted with medical teams around the world, developed a plan of action and educated me on my options. It was this level of care that made me feel reassured, hopeful and ready take action. Slowly but surely I am reclaiming my life and it is all because of the care and treatment I received at Miami Back & Neck Specialists!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Hands down, the experience was what I needed. I had lower lumbar spinal surgery. Fusion on my L5 and S1. At first I was afraid, since I had seen and heard horror stories from others as to their experience with spinal surgery. I met Dr. Brusovanik during my stay at Miami's Doctor's Hospital. I was there to receive an ESI for my degenerative spinal disease. From the initial meeting, I felt a welcoming personality with the doctor. He is young, but, very smart and is highly specialized in the field. Go in with trust! I have bounced back tremendously from surgery. Immediately able to walk again normally without limping. The nerve compression on the right leg was immediately fixed. Only pain I felt was the initial pain after surgery in the hospital, but once I went home, no pain. I never took a single pain medication. I survived on Tylenol and Advil. Within 3 weeks after surgery, even better. By the 4th week after surgery, I was back to work and wearing 5 inch heels. KUDOS!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Dr. Georgiy V. Brusovanik's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Workers Comp