Dr. Sonja L. Yoo

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sonja L. Yoo

I cannot begin to express my disappointment with the treatment of lack of treatment I received from Dr. Sonjia Yoo during a recent stay at Seton NW. My husband brought me in based on significant blood loss from menstruation. The ER staff ordered an internal and external sonogram. During the sonogram the technician commented on the size of the fibroids she encountered. Early in the morning, Dr. Yoo ordered a high dose of progesterone to control the vaginal bleeding, a blood transfusion, and a heart monitor(not sure why as ER results were that my heart was fine). When I saw Dr. Yoo in the morning I explained my ongoing symptoms: 1. Very heavy and clot-filled discharge that was very irregular 2. Constant watery mucous discharge 3. Fatigue She told me that that was just menopause and sent me home with a high dose of progesterone to take daily and instructions to make an appointment with her in about a week to follow up. I chose to make my follow up with my OB/GYN. He first asked me if Dr. Yoo had recommended an iron supplement based on the blood loss, my stated fatigue and pale color. She had not. He immediately started me on an iron supplement and my fatigue is gone and my color is back. The much more alarming issue is that when my OB performed a pelvic exam he saw that I had a large fibromyoma that has distended from my uterus into my cervix. Had Dr. Yoo listened to my symptoms, reviewed the sonogram results, or performed a pelvic exam (I did enter the hospital based on vaginal bleeding), this fibroid would have easily been identified and could have been taken care of during my initial visit and not continued to cause problems until my OB was able to remove it.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Dr is very affectionate and shows good patience . She is kind and empathetic.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Sonja L. Yoo

Dr. Sonja L. Yoo's response
Hello, Thank you! Austin Regional Clinic strives to provide the best care for each of our patients and we are happy that you were satisfied with Dr. Yoo and ARC. Thank You, ARC Customer Service

Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Yoo is excellent! She is punctual and knowledgeable. All staff there is friendly. Always a pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I loved Dr. Sonja Yoo. She was very personable and knowledgable! I 100 percent trust her. I also love that she is a D.O. and wasn't afraid to look at things holistically. She was also thorough so nothing was missed. Can't say enough about her. I found a new Obgyn.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Very thorough and patient doctor, she explained everything to me in a way I could easily understand. She took my concerns seriously.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

This is quite possibly the worst doctor money can buy. She did not care about anything or anything at all about my problems but just berate me. She sure liked having her little power trip. She is so dumb that she couldn't even address ANY of my problems. This "doctor" needs to go back to school and learn something. BEWARE!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr. Yoo is an amazing doctor and spends a lot of time with me everytime I go in for my annual visit. She is also proactive which is why I like her. She is very friendly and her nurse Annah is very sweet and always greets me with a smile. I will refer all my friends to her she is amazing!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Do NOT go to this doctor, she completely disregarded my pain for 3 appointments before she realized I had a tumor on my ovary. She misled me about my procedure and I ended up in the hospital for a week, the tumor bits are now on my liver and I'm dealing with that issue now, I am going to report her to the medical board, Beware!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011