Ratings for Dr. Maria A. Hayes

I wanted to get services only that were covered by my insurance. After she performed her service and then her office manager gave me a bill for almost $700. I would tell people that she is not trust worthy at all.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. Hayes has been practicing for 20+ years but recently opened her own practice. The office is cute and does not smell or sound like a dentist office. She is very knowledgeable and she and her staff are friendly. There was a previous post about personal chat among staff and this is true but not at the expense of top-notch care. My experience is that it is done to build patient rapport and create a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. I think Dr. Hayes is extremely well-educated and will work to give you the finest dental care. Her approach is very direct, though. She is not going to sugar-coat the truth to make it more palatable. You will leave with the bold truth whether you like it or not. But you will leave with a healthy smile, too. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I'm glad she's our dentist!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Dr. Hayes recommended replacement of amalgem fillings and a new filling from one year ago. Following this experience, I've had frequent dental pain after eating. I've had to undergo a root canal in one molar that had an onlay. I still have pain in another area and may need a second root canal. I believe that Dr. Hayes worked on too many areas at once and may have drilled deep toward the root. I had NO symptoms before having this work done. The pain has required use of analgesics frequently including acetaminophen and ibuprofin and has affected my life. The final onlay has not been done. The office was sold and the staff are new. They talked about their personal lives while working on my teeth, which I found callous. I deeply regret having gone there an letting them perform this work.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010