Ratings for Dr. Joshua S. Rovner

Dr. Rovner posesses the expertise, knowledge and talent that makes him a top-notch surgeon His staff are always kind and courteous. The offices are tasteful and immaculate. Wait times are very minimal. Quality time is extended to the patient during every visit. Over the course of my life I have had six serious orthopedic surgeries including total joint replacement and Dr. Rovner is the best of the surgeons by light-years. Outstanding experience in every way,

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Best surgeon ever! I dislocated my tailbone in 2 places and fractured my sacrum and Dr. Rovner gave me my life back after 6 months of excruciating pain. Tailbone removal surgery is very difficult to execute successfully but I drove 15 hours from Canada to NJ to have him perform the surgery and I have no regrets! He did an amazing job! I didn't even bruise or swell at all which is remarkable. Thank you so much to Dr.Rovner and Meg his PA, and his great office staff who worked with me to get everything sorted out since I was coming from another country. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of help. You can see he truly cares and takes pride in what he does and being the best. To top it off, he is just a pleasure to meet with a great bedside manner that puts you at ease. I can't say enough good things about my experience with him!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

A little over one year ago, our family received shocking and devastating news. My Mom had been experience increasing mid back pain. This was not new for her, she has had on and off low and mid back pain for over ten years. Then her symptoms began to get worse. Her legs felt weak and numb. She ended up going to the emergency room in an ambulance. After imaging in the emergency room, she was told she had cancer that spread to her spine causing nearly a complete spinal cord injury at T7. This meant she couldn't move her legs (with the exception of a mild great toe wiggle and slight knee extension on one lower extremity). She couldn't roll in bed without assistance and hospital bed railings, she couldn't perform supine to sit without help, she couldn't maintain sitting up at the edge of the bed without support of both of her arms, and she lost her bowel and bladder function. This basically happened overnight. Finding out your mother has stage IV cancer and paralysis is absolutely devastating, the biggest blow I have ever had. But being told by a neurologist (before she even saw the oncologist) that she had weeks to live and a 0% chance of regaining any movement was shattering. Once her oncologist finished all of her biopsies and testing, it was determined that she had a type of cancer that was treatable(not curable) with hormone therapy. He assured us she had more time and that numerous hormone drugs can keep the cancer from spreading further. We were relieved that my beautiful Mom wouldn't be leaving us so soon. But, now we had to adapt to a new life for her and us as a family. We couldn't get the neurologists voice out of hours heads ("0% chance" of regaining movement). It is amazing with such news, how fast we can accept such change. We trusted this neurologist who said there was nothing anyone can do. Thank goodness a family member spoke of her case to Dr. Joshua Rovner. He immediately asked to see her scans and medical records. He called our family on a Friday night and told us over a conference call that he wants to attempt to remove the tumour causing the spinal cord compression. He made no promises except that this is a palliative surgery to improve her quality of life. We were on a very tight timeframe. The longer we waited the less likely the surgery will be successful. Dr. Rovner considered this emergency surgery. His office told us what to do to get her transferred and helped every step of the way and along with the determination and organization skills of my fantastic stepsister, Mom was transferred to Hackensack Medical Center the next day morning. Her all day spine surgery was performed on a warm, sunny beautiful October Sunday. After the surgery, Mom had a long road of rehabilitation. I have never been more proud. Mom had to do a lot of hard work to get to where she is now. She had various setbacks, but we are so happy to report that she is now at home with her husband, her hormone therapy is doing its job and the cancer is stable. Even more amazing, she is now WALKING with a walker and performing all of her activities of daily living independently. She is even walking up and down steps. And even more amazing her bowel and bladder function has returned. She has exceeded all of Dr. Rovner's expectations! Of course, my Mom could have a fulfilling life while in a wheelchair with limited mobility. But without this spinal surgery her needs would be greater on both a care, financial, and emotional scale. Without the hope, hard work and dedication of Dr. Rovner this would never have happened. He has changed life for my Mom, her husband, and our whole family. We have all learned that a second opinion is a necessity in the medical world. After the initial diagnosis, we thought a life like this wasn't possible for her. Our life as a family changed and we accepted it. How could this doctor give a family so little hope or options? In our minds and hearts, the first time we received hope was when her oncologist told us she had potentially years to live, not weeks. And then Dr. Rovner gave us even more hope the moment he called and said he wanted to see her scans. He then gave us a miracle by performing such a beautiful spinal surgery. We will all be forever thankful for your skill, caring, selfless time, compassion, and wonderful bedside manner. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I've had multiple orthopedic issues for years. Having seen several doctors who were unable to help me I had almost resigned myself to living with the constant pain I was in. On a recommendation as a last ditch attempt I made an appointment with Dr. Rovner. He was terrific. Caring, Patient, knowledgeable and his staff was great. He took the time to listen and took great care of me. Today I'm doing much better and with his help expect to make a full recovery. Couldn't recommend anyone more highly.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Dr. Rovner is a skilled and compassionate surgeon. I have had a complex spinal condition that required multiple surgeries over a short period of time. He performed revisionary surgery on my lower back. It was my 8th surgery! While my original surgeon (The one who performed the first 7 surgeries) had pretty much given up on me, Dr. Rovner was kind enough to review my medical records, films, and come up with a surgical solution. I am thankful that Dr. Rovner was able to cure and alleviate most of my back pain. He is the doctor to see if you need back surgery.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Did surgery on my neck 3 years ago. Very up front and a geat person as well a doctor. His staff could not be any nicer. The place and doctor to see if you have pain.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

People should know that there are TWO "Dr. Rovners" in N. New Jersey. Dr. JOSHUA ROVNER, & Dr. ARON ROVNER are both Spine Surgeons so they could be easily confused I have been a long-time patient of Dr.Joshua Rovner & find it impossible for some of the reviews I saw here to be about him Over the past year Dr. J. Rovner has treated my severe low back & leg pain. Dr. Rovner gave me many conservative options & I tried months of physical therapy, & a series of 3 epidural steroid injections before he would even discuss surgery. After conservative treatment failed Dr. J. Rovner & I decided to go forward with surgery. I couldn't be happier w/ the decision to use Dr. J. Rovner as my surgeon. He is a skilled surgeon who never pushed me toward surgery & let me make my own decisions while insisting on trying conservative options FIRST. Dr Rovner showed genuine concern for my well being & gave me the personal attention that no other doctor has before.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

He is a great surgeon who explains everything clearly and shows great knowledge for specialty while showing extreme care for his patients.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Joshua S. Rovner's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 2002)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hackensack, NJ