Ratings for Dr. Dennis N. Hoffman

I have been going to Dr. Dennis Hoffman for the past 10 years. I thought I was getting good dental care. I diligently went every 6 months for check up and cleaning. Dr. Hoffman has consistently been very friendly and always on schedule. He does the cleaning himself and always told me everything looked fine. I was under the wrong assumption that I was receiving GOOD dental care. I was VERY wrong. Even when I expressed concern for changes in my mouth, he shrugged them off. When a crown fell off, he re-cemented it back on only to have it fall off one month later. His receptionist was quit cold and told me she could "fit me in on Monday" that would have been 6 days later. A missing crown results in EXTREME pain when inhaling through the mouth, drinking anything and eating. I was already aware that it had only taken him 15 min. the first time he re-cemented it. Also, I remembered a time when I was asked to wait 20 min. beyond my appointed visit due to another patient's emergency. I was very understanding and fine with that. As it turned out I had a scheduled visit for the next day that she noticed while we were on the phone. He re-cemented it on again and I had a check up and cleaning as well. When I expressed my concern that the area felt uncomfortable, and had felt uncomfortable since my last visit he stated " You may need a root canal, or you may need extraction". But he had no other suggestions as to what should be the next step. I decided to get another opinion. Well! The next dentist who examined me could not believe that I had had my teeth professionally cleaned only 6 days prior. She also informed me that I had advanced gum disease and would need to have 2 teeth extracted, aside from the one that was crowned. However, she would not address the broken crown until I took care of the gum disease. Her hygienist did clean my teeth and I could feel and see the difference. I can not believe that I was so blinded and complacent that I did not realize the poor care I was receiving. DO NOT GO TO DR. DENNIS N. HOFFMAN EVER FOR ANYTHING except to have a friendly chat. He is a really nice man.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016