Ratings for Dr. Lalarukh Malik

Note: There was not a way to provide an overall rating, so I had to make all four categories a 1-star for it. The staff is actually a 3, punctuality a 4, helpfulness is a 3 and knowledge is a 4. This is more a review of their treatment of us as patients, which I think is generally what the medical profession is about right? Caring and helping your patients. My family started going to see Dr. Malik and she seemed to be caring, helpful and attentive. As we progressed with their practice, she was able to help us with some of our issues but her office became less responsive as time went on. The staff at the front desk is really nice and helpful with whatever they can help with. Claudia, who seems to be the only nurse is nice but seems to be really busy and can only help us with prescriptions and working with insurance as her day allows but it often takes several days before she's able to help. The reason the practice is getting a 1-star is that when we got pregnant with our third child, Dr. Malik refused to see my wife at all because there is supposedly a policy that the practice will not see any pregnant patients for any reason. We completely understand that she is not an OB and we did not expect any service in regards to the pregnancy itself but she refused to see us for prescription maintenance or even for a sick visit, saying that we must see our OB for everything. Our OB had no idea why our doctor would say that and it is completely out of the norm. Malik's office said that we could come back after the pregnancy, which is completely unacceptable. It left us scrambling to find a doctor with critical medicines running out and trying to manage prescriptions for the start of a pregnancy. We left it alone at that point, we almost never write bad reviews but what compelled me to write a review is that since then they billed me for a physical after telling me there was no copay due for it while I was there. I didn't receive a bill for 2 months and then it came with two $30 late charges. I would have whole heatedly recommended this practice even with their sometimes slow response before, but after seeing the way they treated us, I have to suggest staying away.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

She has been my doctor for 5 years now. Spends as much time as needed w me.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Exceptional level of service. Patient care with attention to detail and pleasant demeanour. Great GP :)

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Thinks she knows it all, for renal failure, she did not even consult the specialist the patient has even though he practices in the same hospital

flag | Submitted July 10, 2010