Ratings for Dr. MARY E. Parman

I have been experiencing very heavy periods as I approach menopause. Dr. Parman recommended endometrial ablation, and as I had been bleeding heavily for three weeks with no end in sight, I scheduled the procedure. But then I googled "endometrial ablation complications" and, within 10 minutes, learned that many women experience severe pelvic pain beginning months or years after the procedure. After 10 more minutes of searching, I came across a follow-up study that found as many as one-third of women who undergo endometrial ablation need a hysterectomy to relieve the pain. Dr. Parman did not mention this. She has a professional obligation to know the latest information about a procedure she performs, and she has an obligation to inform her patients about any risks. I canceled the procedure, and I feel like I dodged a bullet.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Amazing doctor. She's seen me through an eventful twin pregnancy and BRCA surgeries with ease , comfort, and exceptional professionalism. Literally owe my life, and those of my kids, in part to her.

Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Mary Parman is very kind and informative. I highly recommend her care.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I have been under her care over the past year for a recurring issue and I have been so impressed with her and her lovely warm personality. I saw her this week after a break of over a year and she completely remembered me and some personal details. I was blown away. She is very careful and honest about giving options. I do think she respects her patients and she is very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr. Parman is a wonderful doctor. I can not say enough good things about her. She is kind and caring. She explains procedures in detail and she always answers all of my questions. Dr. Parman truly believes that a woman knows her body best and must make informed decisions regarding her care. During a recent hospitalization, several nurses told me that they were very impressed with Dr. Parman's attention to detail and her obvious concern.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2008

she is very sweet and kind. She delivered my daughter and she was great!I would highly recommend her

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

She is very kind and patient! Will be back to see her!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2006