Ratings for Dr. Caroline Reay

Dr. Reay's biggest strength is that she's on the side of patients and will do whatever it takes to help you maneuver through the health care miasma, making sure you get the care you need. There has been a few situations where I was informed I needed kinds of care that I wasn't sure was warranted; Dr. Reay was an excellent sounding board in these situations. Because of her, I avoided unnecessary surgery. A few of the reviewers have dinged her for punctuality, but in my experience, there's good reason: if a patient needs extra time with her, she is more than willing to be there for them. It does push her schedule, but she's worth it.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

Not only was she an hour late, she seemed to want to rush me out of the office so she could move on. Barely made eye contact with me as she was typing on the computer the whole time and would reply with grunts and nods. When she did talk, it was short and snippy. She came off very cold and uncaring to the point I felt uncomfortable opening up and telling her about my problem/what brought me in. Her nurse, Carrie, was also rather unprofessional as well. She bumbled and fumbled while trying to take my blood pressure/pulse etc and asked me if I was "coming in for X reason" when that wasn't why I was there at all. Apparently she had the wrong file up. I only saw Dr. Reay twice and after the second time of waiting an hour and her continued lack of listening and coldness I found another doctor. I would never go to her again and I would never recommend her!!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

Yes, the tardiness is an incredible issue. Even if she wants to spend more time with her patients, that doesn't excuse scheduling so tightly that a patient has to wait 45 minutes to see her. We have things to do and our time is valuable too. She does seem to be competent, listens fairly well, don't like the typing into the computer the whole time which is the newest thing and very annoying when it seems she's more focussed on the typing than listening. Always call first to see how she's running before going in or you'll wait half an hour to an hour or more.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Dr. Reay is very caring, knowledgeable and takes her time to treat the WHOLE person. She is tops on my list. I drive from another state so I am able to continue with her for my care.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

this doctor was totally unprepared, very unprofessional, admitted she was always at last 45 mins late ot patients & generally didn't "get" or deal with the problem at all, didn't listen or take it seriously, though it was well explained & very detailed when the patient gavbe it to her. would not ever visit this one again, or recommend her

flag | Submitted June 19, 2007

Caroline Reay is quite simply the best GP/Internist I've met. Listens to you carefully and takes everything I say seriously, even the stuff you think is superfluous. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2006

Dr. Reay has been my personal physician for several years and I rate her very highly. She runs late because she spends the time she wants/needs to with each patient and does not let the business of medicine interfere with the practice of medicine. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2006

Late, admits she is always late, not a good start, seems more concerned with how patients look than their medical problems. Also seems to overcharge for the amount of time & skill she exerts.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2006

I really like Dr. Reay. Funny, friendly, and will listen and work with you. However, I feel she is lacking a bit of knowledge when it comes to specialty areas (endocrinology in my case), and thus you should see a specialist if that's your area of need. The only compaint I have -- and I really love her -- is that she chalks up some ailments to age or hypochondria, etc.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2005

Dr. Caroline Reay's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Amerigroup