Ratings for Dr. Mitchell F. Banks

I SWEAR AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!! STAFF VERY RUDE DOCTOR YUR IN AND 10 MINS FLAT THERS NO TALKING HOW ARE YA WHAT KIND OF MEDICATION YOU NEED SEE YA BYE PAY AT THE DOOR!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY JUST OPEN THIS GUYS DOOR TO HIS OFFICE AND YOU WILL HAVE THE ANSWER YOUR LOOKING FOR!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Great psychiatrist. Provides the help I need. Is actually concerned and cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Banks for years. He listens and answers questions. Professional, understanding and compassionate. If he does not know something he gives helpful advice and recommendations. I see him for a few issues but mostly I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. The medicine he has me on works well. Staff is also helpful, friendly and considerate.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I recently began seeing the dr banks . This far I like him , his staff is poor at answering the phone. But very helpful and pleasant. He has put me on non narcotic meds. And feel calm and comfort from my visits

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I went to him for years from the time I was 14 to 21. He misdiagnosed me. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. He definitely prescribes you whatever you want and does not believe you when you complain about severe side effects, which many SSRI's have, including hallucinations to suicidal thoughts out of nowhere! OH and when you switch doctors, he will NOT send over your paperwork. Isn't that illegal?

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

Dr. Banks is very knowledgeable and helpful. I have severe bipolar disorder and this is the first psychiatrist who knew what he was doing. He told me upfront it would take time to wean me off my current medication and replace it with more effective ones. It took 7 months total but I feel better than I have since my first episode at age 24. Thanks Dr. Banks!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

Does not listen. Spends minimal time with patient. Prescribes too fast and adjusts meds too quickly. Minimizes complaints of side effects.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

Dr. Banks should never have become a doctor. I fear that he does far more harm than good.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Dr. Mitchell F. Banks's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1978)

MSP/BC Med