Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Epsten

He may have technical knowledge, but I've found this man treats women differently than men. Friends who have seen him have stated the same....he doesn't much like women! He dishonored my requests, AFTER spending 1/2 hr. discussing what would be done. He did want he wanted, rather than following my instructions. He didn't even recognize me in the recovery room when he went whizzing by. I had to stop him and ask about a concern I had before the colonoscopy, which he never would have told me about, if I hadn't stopped him while he was rushing out. Not to recognize me when I spent a great amount of time in his office, or not to address findings and ignoring a direct agreement we had made before the procedure is unconscionable. He may know his stuff, but he lacks in communication, patient respect, and denying patient wishes. This is not a doctor I'd recommend to anyone, due to his bias and lack of respect for the patients who are paying his bills and filling his pockets !!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Excellent doctor and staff. Took incredible care of me while in hospital and after.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I had a delightful time getting my colonoscopy with Dr. Epsten - he has great "buttside" manner. I stayed awake for the procedure and we cracked a few jokes together. His staff, especially Grace, was very helpful. They had tips to make the whole thing go smoothly and I appreciated Grace checking with Dr. Epsten about making the stuff you have to drink more palatable. Dr E said they are always looking for ways to make it more palatable for patients. I enjoyed the fact that they complimented me on what a good "prep job" I did and what a nice colon I had - Don't kid yourself - these things count! There was no discomfort, he zapped a little polyp and my recovery was easy. My Blue Shield now (finally!) covered this, my first, preventive colonoscopy, so I only had to pay for the prep meds. He got some great pictures that I can't wait to put on my Facebook page!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Dr. Robert M. Epsten's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1980)

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=295880'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 5, 2014