Ratings for Dr. Mary E. Schlotterer

The birth control I was prescribed gave me acne so I called to request a new one (Somehow I got connected through another office in the building because they do not have a direct line) and when the next script came through it was another birth control with HORRIBLE reviews and is notorious for acne! REALLY disappointed I wasn't given a highly rated birth control for the second time. WHAT A HASSLE. Will not be returning and getting second rate care.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I've been going to Dr.Schlotterer for 3 years and she is great and her staff has been kind to me, not sure about some of the more negative reviews. It seems like a lot of you ladies want someone to cuddle you while having your exams. I respect Dr. Schlotterer because she listens and she's straight forward. It seems some of you interpret that as being rude and that's very unfortunate and immature. We're adults lets please act like it just, because someone doesn't smile at you it's no reason to get all bent out of shape and think they are rude ... Grow up

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Schlotterer since 2005 and I have been treated like family every time. Originally, I went to her Ahwatukee Office, but now go to her office at 505 Buckeye Rd. It has been a pleasure being her patient

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

The first impression I got when I went to this office was not so great but I decided to give it a try anyway because my time is valuable to me and as you all know it is a pain sometimes trying to find a physician. It is in a run down building that looks like ghetto apartments and felt like I was going to get mugged there. At first the staff was friendly for the first couple visits and then to find later that they become lairs and deceivers. Also, not to mention that there is suspicion of medical malpractice as I feel that I was miss diagnosed with (Interstitial Systitis)a very uncommon disease in which would have a long term effect on me, my body and my family. Come to find I did not have this disease and it was something that JUST needed to be treated. Thank God I didn't take the medication that was prescribed to me because I wouldn't have any hair left. I do not recommend going to see Dr. Schlotter or her staff for that matter.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I will not return to Dr. Schlotterer's office again. I requested an HPV test be done in conjunction with my pap, but it was not completed by the lab. Dr. Schlotterer told me she forgot to request it, so I had to return for another exam. I was charged by the lab because the tests were not done all at one time. It should have been covered at no charge under my well woman exam. The office staff (Donna in particular) was so rude about it. I will not return to this office & found another ob/gyn that is wonderful. I highly recommend Drs. Goodman & Partridge.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

I am not sure why there seem to be people upset with Dr. Schlotterer. I moved from the East Coast to AZ almost 2 years ago and when I got here I fell sick. Ended up having to have a total hysterectomy. I was recommended to Dr. Schlotterer from another patient and I am so thankful for that. To be in a new state alone and find such a wonderful doctor is a blessing. She walked me step by step through my pre operative treatment and post operative treatment and I have been seeing her ever since. I live in Ahwatukee and honestly I didn't notify the office when I moved so I didn't get the update about the office move however when I did I traveled to where she is because I refuse to see anyone else. Granted the office isn't a luxurious as her Ahwatukee office but it is very clean and well kept. I love this doctor and I don't plan on ever seeing another. Sorry some of you don't feel the same.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

I think a lot of the comments here are completely embellished. People tend to exaggerate when they are upset about something and set out to ruin the person with whom they are angry. People only tend to give reviews when they are unhappy with service, not when service is great. I have been going to Dr. Shlotterer for over 5 years and every time the office has been extremely clean, the staff has been friendly and helpful, and the Dr is always thorough, kind and professional. I go see Dr Schlotterer every three months, so I am very familiar with the office, cleanliness and the staff. When the doctor moved offices, I was promptly informed, as I had an appointment the following week. You are going to a gynecologist, not your mommy's house - grow up. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand while you whine about your pap, good luck finding a doc that will do that. Dr. Schlotterer is fantastic, which is the reason I make the drive all the way to her new office. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Some comments on here are very unfair. I don't want a friendship with my doctor. I want a knowledgeable doctor who knows what she is doing. I have seen her on and off over 15 years. She delivered my second child, and was gentle and kind and completely professional. It was a great experience. I only left her because she stopped doing obstetrics and I needed another doctor to deliver my next child. I admit that she has a difficult time making eye contact and has little to no facial expressions, but she is never rude. If you want someone to coo over you and make small talk, then she is not for you. PAPs are not the most agreeable procedures, and I just want to be in and out quickly. She is quick and efficient and knowledgeable. I will return to her.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

I showed up for my appointment today to find an empty office, no one from the office bothered to call me to let me know they moved to Buckeye and 7th Ave! When I called they told me that the Dr could not see me today b/c she leaves early on Friday's. I work out of state mon - fri so I flew in early specifically for this appointment. It is just so unbeleivable to me that they would not even bother to call me to tell me of the new location. Very upset!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

I went to Schlotterer Gynecology for 1.5 years. I only ever went because I needed a birth control precription. Every experience I had in her offices were horrible. Her offices are filthy. There is dust and grime on every surface. There was blood on the exterior of the trash cans on all visits. She would invite staff into the rooms DURING my exam, and only once did she ask for my permission to apparently train her staff on what a vagina looks like. She is not gentle, and I would bleed for days after exams, which isn't normal for me. One of my visits was so awkward because the 2 receptionists were arguing and cursing at each other. I spoke with their manager and I never witnessed that again. After my last visit I was fed up. I never even got a call to let me know the results of my pap. I tried to call for more info and left a voicemail and never got a return call. I would not recommend this woman to anyone. I felt like crying after each visit because it was so traumatizing.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Dr. Mary E. Schlotterer's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)