Ratings for Dr. John LU

Dr Lu is great! HOWEVER, this office staff, in particular a woman named Karen, was truly rude and unprofessional. This practice makes you pay in full, up front on the day of your procedure. I went in today for a follow up appointment and questioned why I had not received a reimbursement check from my insurance company and Karen told me very snippily that it was because they had no insurance listed for me. When I told her that was impossible and she looked it up again--lo and behold they did have my information. No apology that I have already waited 3 weeks and they have not even begun to process my forms yet. When I told her that I would be waiting for my check, she said "Well, who knows what you will get back!" My payment was in excess of $2,000.00 and I think that to demand the money upfront and then fail to process my insurance forms and then act like it is nothing is just very wrong. Even though I really like Dr Lu I may be trying another periodontist in the future. This is no way to treat a patient.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

The worst experience with this office staff and trying to get things resolved. Be warned they do not participate in ANY insurance and will most likely bill incorrectly, so not only do you have to pay out of pocket they get what little reimbursement is due back from insurance. If I could give negative stars for a rating I would!

Submitted February 27, 2018

Wow,! Very caring, professional and unbelievable. He called me after my long overdue extraction to check up on me. I have never had a doctor check up on me by phone. He is awesome. I will recommend him to anyone that nees his service. The 69 year old lady is also very kind, smile and courteous. In short the staff are awesome.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017