Ratings for Dr. Ming X. Wang

Amazing doctor and staff. Very informative, kind, attentive and caring people work there. I have perfect vision again for the first time in 20 plus years. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to have lasik done!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I had Dr. Wang perform cataract surgery on both eyes. I should have listened to my instincts and not have used him. I paid approximately $4500 out of my pocket, this is above what my insurance paid in addition. Like many have said, my visit was more of a sales pitch. My 1st visit I was there at least 3 hours. They did warn me of the amount of time I would be there for the initial visit but I didn't realize the time was to hear a sales pitch. After the techs performed various exams, and I was shuffled in and out of at least 4 different rooms, I was put in a room where the Office Manager came in and rattled off a long list of different procedures at various price levels. Then once again I was moved to another room where "The Great Wizard", Dr. Wang, made his entry. After a brief conversation of the particular surgery I chose, my surgery date was scheduled. The surgery did improve my eyesight but the results were nothing I could not have gotten somewhere else, and most likely at a much lower cost. However, I did get a T-shirt and a quick picture with him holding it in front of me so he could put it on his website. Around 6 months later I received a phone call verifying my appointment, which I had not scheduled. I questioned if this appointment was included in what I had already paid and they said no the cost will be $112. My wife bought his book they were selling in his office but I'm not interested in reading it. Looks to me that his medical ethics have taken a backseat to his greed. My wife will be having Cataract surgery and there is no way we will use him. I have lost all respect for him. I know there are numerous positive reviews but I highly suggest you review the bad ones. Hope I can save someone else from this experience.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Ming Wang's story is one of perseverance and determination, and that continues to be the case when it comes to patient care. Dr. Wang and his staff were nothing but accommodating. Upon my arrival to Wang Vision Institute, I was greeting with warmth and smiles. From that moment, working with Dr. Wang has been nothing but delightful.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Ming Wang . I had a great Lasik experience.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Wang and his staff are one of the best. I had terrible vision before going to the Wang Institute. After the procedure, I was able to see 20/15. It has been a year since I had the procedure done (I got it done June 17, 2016) and I can still see 20/15. I am absolutely amazed. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

We are so pleased with our experience at the Wang Vision Institute. From the minute we checked in, thru all the test and exams, and thru the surgery. The staff and doctors were wonderful. And Dr. Wang was great, he was very informative and was able to take our son from legally blind to 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in other. This was the most exciting thing for us. Our son Graduated UTM Martin, and for his graduation gift he just wanted Lasik surgery. He was able to see across the room for the first time since he was a child. No regrets and worth every penny.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Dr. Wang and his staff were great and very helpful. I had given up on my eye sight getting any better. I had been to several other eye doctors and been told there was nothing I could do to improve my vision. Dr. Wang was able to improve my vision. I am thankful for him and glad to have my full vision back.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

My experience with Wang Vision Institute was a positive life changer. On my way to perfect vision and freedom from contact lenses after 24 years. So happy!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

What a sweet, lovely man !! I met him once and instantly trusted him ! Had my consultation on Monday & my SMILE surgery on Wednesday !! His team was incredibly accommodating and hospitable. Eric & Dr. Connley were my main interactions, and they were incredibly informative and kind !! Fantastic office for all your eye care needs !!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I just graduated college and wanted LASIK terribly so I went to the best. I attended his seminar (which I recommend) and decided to have the procedure done. 1 day later I'm seeing 20/20 and still improving. I'm in love!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Ming X. Wang's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Harvard & MIT (MD, magna cum laude); PhD (laser physics) Performed the first 3D LASIK The only surgeon in the state who performs LASER cataract surgery Performed over 55,000 cataract & LASIK procedures(including on over 4,000 doctors)

• Chinese
  • English

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1991)
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Grad. 1988)