Ratings for Dr. Elsa D. Gutierrez

Dr. Guiterrez is not respectful of her patients’ time. One patient ahead of me had been in the office for 2 hours and then moved him to a room where he waited for another 1/2 hour (total 2 1/2 hours) without being seen by the doctor. He wanted to know how long before he could be seen, they told him soon. I had already waited 1 1/2 hours, so I was not going to wait any longer. The patient's time is just as valuable as the doctor's time. I have a choice in which doctors I see, so I no longer will be going to Dr. Guiterrez.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

UNACCEPTABLE! RUDE, IMPATIENT, DISRUPTIVE, AND COCKY!!! DONT WAIST YOUR TIME OR MONEY TO BE TREATED THIS WAY, SEE SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS A GOOD BEDSIDE MANNER AND WILL TREAT YOUR CONDITION INSTEAD OF ARGUE WITH YOU ABOUT IT! TREATS STAFF EXTREMELY RUDELY, TALKED TO THEM LIKE SHE WAS ABOVE THEM AND WASTING HER TIME, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE ALL WORKING VERY VERY HARD! WORST MD EXPERIENCE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

I am so regretful for not looking at the reviews before I decided to stop by and make an appointment. She was really unconcerned with my symptoms. I was the second to last patient today so thought that she would be a bit more helpful but it seemed like she did not have that much time to spare. Maybe she should make less appointments a day so that she can get enough time with everyone. On the fence about going again.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Elsa Gutiérrez is the most inappropriate physician I have ever gone to see in my 70 years. Yesterday, without having read my chart, after she said I needed a skin biopsy, she began to preach that everything was in God’s merciful hands, not hers. When I asked what she suspected from my biopsy, she wouldn’t tell me options for “she didn’t want to alarm me.” When I asked if a worst-case scenario were treatable, she said, “Everything is treatable, for everything is in God’s hands.” I said, “Religion aside, answer me as a physician”, she appealed to God. She said the pathology lab takes 2 weeks, and I must return to her office for results. No phone calls b/c I ask questions, but I should put my trust in God. She wouldn’t name the lab. (PS – Today, another doctor is getting me these lab results in 2 days.) Gutiérrez offered only unprofessional details in a rushed 15 minutes. If I had wanted what she offered, I would have gone to church. I still seek medical skill, not a snake-charmer.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

I will NEVER go back to her. As a new patient I arrived early for necessary paperwork and then waited over an hr, in one of the rooms, to be seen. She talked to me for maybe 5 min, pretty much telling me there was nothing that could be done because of other medicine I am on. She didn't explain anything to me, like why the current medicine would counteract any meds she would potentially prescribe. She gave me no suggestions or alternative options. Then, knowing since I was on other medicines and it wouldn't work, she prescribed me 2 medicines that was over $150--- too much money to be spent on something that will give me no results. I would rather go to another doctor who will give me some time and actually be helpful in explaining why there might not be an instant result for my issue.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Been waiting in a patient room for over 30 min. and still waiting...grrr

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

Don't go unless you want to be seen for 30 seconds, get a handful of unnecessary prescriptions and wait two hours to be seen. I won't be going back for that kind of service again.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Dr. Gutierrez seemed completely unconcerned with anything I had to say. I had a list of several concerns, and after spending about 30 seconds on 3 of them, writing 2 scripts for each, she said something to the effect of "the rest of your issues will have to be addressed at your next appointment." Needless to say, I didn't make another apointment. She appeared to be far too busy for me - not the kind of doctor I'd see twice!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Amazing doctor! I have chronic eczema and she is the first doctor who gave me hope that I would not have to suffer forever and have nothing done. She is kind, understanding and knowledgable. Finally...someone who cares!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007

Have cystic acne...first doctor to prescribe something that actually helped: Retina and Cephalexin. Don't let her give you the expensive stuff though, cephalexin was the second thing she prescribed, the first was $300 and my insurance didn't cover it. Cephalexin did the trick!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2006

Dr. Elsa D. Gutierrez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Oxford