Ratings for Dr. James V. Egan

At first I had my doubts, but then he seemed to really get interested in my problem. For the first time in 7 years I felt I had someone in my corner. I don't know if he can find a cure for my problem but I feel he is at least trying.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I thought he was great. He was clear, thorough, and not at all condescending.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Should have walked out the door on my first visit when he spent 20 min in the next room on the phone complaining about one doctor to another doctor LOUDLY while I was WAITING. But in the six months I have been treated by him he has habitually promised to call me with results and never called me when he said he would. Then after the date he said he would call, I would wait a few days and then start calling his office, only to leave messages and never hear from him. The second time this happened I called patient services because I was waiting for results on an x-ray. Then it happened again with my biopsy results. No one should ever have to wait over a week after the doctor has promised to call for a biopsy report. Calling patient services has helped immensely, but I shouldn't have to do that either. And the good news is, he still hasn't figured out what is causing my polyps or other symptoms.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

Dr. Egan along with every doctor I have been to @ Samsum medical clinic is an extremely intelligent caring professional. He always clearly explains my opitions and writes out medicines that he encourages me to research on the internet so we can have intelligent discusions about my best course of treatments. The last two times I have visited him, he has followed up unexpectedly with phone calls within two weeks of my visit to ensure that my medicine is working, and to make sure I don't need anything else. I have been treated by him for the past two years and I drive 140 miles to see him. I can not imagine going to anyone else. His office staff is also very polite and his nurse is also very professional and always makes me feel at ease before my procedures. I can not say enough about Dr. Egan and his staff..

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

Very unprofessional -- he kept me waiting for 30 minutes, then reviewed my file in the office with me, ignoring me as I tried to explain why I was there. He was constantly interrupting me, even when I was trying to answer his questions. He acted like he was in a huge hurry, and talked very quickly. He order tests for me, saying that he would call me when he got the results in one week. Three weeks later he still hadn't called and wouldn't return my calls when I left messages for him at the office.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. James V. Egan's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

• Blue Cross And Blue Shield POS
  • Blue Cross And Blue Shield PPO
HFN
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
TRICARE