Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Duwelius

I have had two hip replacements by Dr. Duwelius , I could not be any happier with my hips I have no pain at all now I would like to thank him and his staff for the excellent work they have did to me. I also had a left knee replacement by Dr. Duwelius I couldn't be more happier with my knee no pain at all. Just a few weeks ago I had my right knee replaced. It's coming along pretty good I think, I go in for my six week check up next week. Again I would like to thank you Dr.Duwelius for making my life a little easier getting around, and your staff is excellent. Thank you scott

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

This is my second hip surgery with him, the first ten years ago. While ten years makes my body a little older, I remain impressed with his skill and knowledge

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Amazing doctor, surgeon and person. I can't speak highly enough of him and his staff. They are professional and top notch. We will forever be thankful to him for taking the time to listen to our concerns and fix a rare hip problem that 12 other specialists couldn't asses. We've been driving 5 hours one way just to see him for 6 years now and it is well worth the drive. He is the BEST!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I saw Dr. Duwelius for a consult on my knee. Upon arrival they told me he was on time. I had to wait an hour and a half to just get a room. His MA came in and I had a stack of my medical records which no one reviewed or ask any questions about. When he finally came in he seemed rushed and bothered that someone my age 43, would even consider a knee replacement. I had been to two other docs and both said that a tkr is the best solution for my pain and very serious arthritis. I went to him because I had heard he was good. Not!!! He is very old school and not cutting edge in the industy. If you are 80 years old and don't need to live life then he is the doctor for you. There are great doctors out there that actually listen to you. He told me that I had to live with excrutiating pain and to deal with it. He then got up and walked out. Unbelievable!!! The office was dirty, and you felt like a cattle call. I am just thankful I have a great doctor(Dr. Grewe). Thankful for second opinions.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr Duwelius did my 4th hip replacement revision. I ended up with paralysis to my entire leg from femoral nerve damage. When I went in to see him, he just shrugged and said he didn't know what happened. The pre-surgery care was excellent. The post-surgery care was neglectful. Luckily my PCP stepped up to get me the rehabilitative care I needed. I went back for a follow up check and told him my disappointment. He was attentive, but didn't offer any further information or care. I will not return to him for further care. It took 16 mths of physical therapy to regain mobility of my leg. I still have residual pain and numbness which is permanent. This risk was NEVER addressed prior to surgery. He's smooth talking and charismatic and makes you feel comfortable prior to surgery. He gets your $$$ then drops you like a hot potato.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Terrific surgeon! He's a master in performing total hip replacement surgery. Portlnd is fortunate to have such an excellent and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

extremly professional

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

Dr. Paul J. Duwelius's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)