Ratings for Dr. Manuj K. Nangia

Dr. Manuj Nangia was assigned to me when I was accepted into the partial outpt program at Good Samaritan Hospital and I only met him briefly for two sessions and each time he insisted on prescribing me an unnecessary, extra medication, even though I stated that my main psychiatrist at UCSF Medical Center has already given me an effective regimen of prescriptions. During the second session, Dr. Nangia said he was uncomfortable working with me if I did not take the extra Rx. I declined again stating that I also felt uncomfortable with him since he was disregarding my established diagnosis. I have talked to other patients who were also misdiagnosed by Dr. Nangia so I strongly urge caution with this psychiatrist - he intends to overdiagnose & is prejudice towards sexual minorities & women.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Don't waste your time or money with this doctor. He's got his own agenda and does not listen to clients

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr. Nangia is DBT trained, which is great. He listens well, is knowledgeable, and really wants to work with me. He did want to charge extra for my boyfriend to sit in sessions, but was ok with not when I brought it up (my insurance would not cover the fee). Overall I am very happy with him.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Nangia is one of the best communicators I have ever met. He's understanding, gracious, helpful, respectful and a nice guy. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012