Ratings for Dr. Catherine Corrigan

I had an eye exam with Dr. Corrigan at Sears Optical at Cherryvale Mall on Feb.21.To begin with, I told her right away, before she even started the exam, that I had glaucoma and that I'm being treated for it, and that I also have small cataracts in each eye, from all the glaucoma surgery I've had.After doing the eye exam, she told me I should go see a low-vision specialist, which I thought was ridiculous, since I'm already being treated by a glaucoma specialist, and its only becayse of the glaucoma that my vision isn't that good.I don't have low vision -I have glaucoma-duh! Sge seemed really shocked thst my glaucoma dr.had never told me to see a low vision dr.Why should he? He's an opthamologist and I think he kniws alittle more than an optometrist at the mall.Dr.Corrigan also told me that I would never pass a driver's test, which I thought was a very rude and insultingthing to say.I told her I had passed a drver's test in May with no problem and she said I've probably lost some vision since then.She's full of baloney.I went to my glaicoma dr.at the enf of Oct.and he was so pleased, he said I didn't have to come back for 6 mos.If I was losing vision, don't you think he would have told me? She evenpulled my boyfriend aside and told him that I would never pass a driver's test, which I thought was very rude and uncalled for.Like, I said, sshe's just an eye dr. at the mall, who thinks she knows everything-evrn more than a glaucoma specialist who is a regular MD doctor. I will not be going back to her.What a bunch of baloney!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Corrigan is a great doctor. Helped me, very nice. Highly reccomend her!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011