Ratings for Dr. Manuel Portalatin

Dr. Portalatin has been me and my husbands physician for over 14 years and I hope I never see the day he retires (yes I know that's selfish) but he is hands down one knowledgeable doctor. I trust him thoroughly. He is not only smart in so many different areas, but he truly does care!!!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Portalatin was assigned as my primary care physician years ago. He was always late by 20-30 mins for appointments and never took the time to fully review my charts. Often times he even attempted to prescribe medications I was allergic to. He didn't take the time to listen to what was wrong with me and just tried to pump me full of meds. It was frustrating and I requested a new primary care doctor after that. Within two years my new PCD left the clinic and I was sent back to Portalatin. His PA Mr. Lundy is awesome and very attentive. I make all appointments to see him when possible. I had to go out on medical leave recently and was informed I would have to be treated by Dr. Portalatin as a result. It was a nightmare. He still didn't fully review my records, didn't listen to my issues, didn't believe my medical issues were real (I ended up testing positive for lupus or RA and needing to see a specialist), and a member of his staff (Debbie) was rude and hung up on me on 12/17/13.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

The best doc I have ever had... very good listener. Asks if you have any questions. Doesn't make you feel rushed, spends a good deal of time with you. Has always ordered tests when he feels it is necessary. Knows drug interactions. He is worth the wait! Staff could be better on follow ups, tho.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

He is very polite and friendly. He has a good sense of humor and tries to make his patient feel at ease with him. I wish he was more accessible at times when I may have needed to speak with him on personal issues. He doesn’t seem to follow-up with his patients after they’ve left his office, maybe that’s something his sectaries could do.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

This doctor WAS my family doctor. He basically ignored my complaints about acid reflux. He misdiagnosed my symptoms as an ulcer, gave me a helibacter kit and that was it. I still had the symptoms. I then went to the hospital and was diagnosed with GERD. I later had more tests and was correctly diagnosed with Barret's Esophagus. it is a precursor to cancer. If this doctor had a little more patience to accurately diagnose this problem, I wouldnt have all this suffering. His bedside manor stinks, and he isnt very thorough.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2008

I have been to many family physicians and specialits and Dr. P is by far the best DoctorI have ever had. I have seen him now for 6 years and he is very caring and takes the time to listen to his patients. He is very knowledgeable and always helpful! I highly recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2008

Very friendly and a good personality. Always tries to make you feel at ease and listens to you. Be prepared to wait though, probably because he does spend a good amount of time with his patients but you can be there for a good hour to an hour and a half.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2007

Dr. Manuel Portalatin's Credentials

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

AARP