Ratings for Dr. J. Bernard Cordoba

Dr Cordoba's patience and knowledge have given me a life that I love living. I started working with Dr Cordoba in 2005 and continue checking in with him to this day. I have Bipolar I. He was quick to identify my first major manic episode in 2008. He had an effective game plan and worked daily with my Dad to help keep me on the right doses, and how to keep me out of trouble during that time. Cordoba helped get my SSDI Disability case approved in 2011, which has a huge positive impact and made my life manageable. He has been understanding and respectful of my Eating Disorder recovery, and has worked well within my recovery team. He has also helped me with treating my Narcolepsy. I appreciate that Dr Cordoba prescribes medication in slow increments and tries to find the lowest effective doses. I have been stable and happy for about 7 years now. I still have occasional anxiety episodes, and life still happens, but I am able to manage it and I look forward to each day. I am truly grateful Dr Cordoba. thank you!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2018

Dr. Cordoba is truly one of the best out there. He in my opinion is the true meaning of a doctor because not only would Dr Cordoba seek the appropriate treatment for me, he did and so much more because of his dedication and passion for what he does. I can honestly say without hesitation, if it were not for services and compassion of Dr. Cordoba, I firmly believe I would not be alive... he is that good and wouldn't think twice about recommending anyone to him because he is nothing short of a miracle placed in my life.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Dr. Cordoba failed me. I made the choice to try Dr. Cordoba in the fall of last year because I desperately needed help. My situation was bad enough that I thought spending $600 on a one-hour appointment might save my life. It took me months to get in to see him for the first time, but when I finally did, I found the first visit encouraging. Dr. Cordoba scheduled my second visit incorrectly. He offers 30-minute sessions for medication management for $195, and 1-hour talk therapy sessions for $300. I don’t believe in 30-minute “med-management” sessions, so I booked an hour session. He ended our appointment after 30 minutes. He apologized and said we’d do an hour the next time. I had to reschedule our third appointment, so I called ahead of time to make the change. I left a voicemail for his receptionist and asked for a call back; I never received a response. I left another voicemail a week later to schedule an appointment and request a prescription refill. The prescription was refilled but I didn’t receive a call back to reschedule. Being as desperate as I was, it was easy to feel discouraged by the lack of response from Dr. Cordoba and his receptionist. I decided that I would continue to take the medication he had prescribed me until I heard back from them. 9 months went by, and I finally received a voicemail from his receptionist telling me that I needed to come in for an appointment because they hadn’t seen me for a while. I called to schedule an appointment first thing Monday. I didn’t receive a response. I called to follow up Tuesday afternoon and left another voicemail. his receptionist finally called me later that evening and told me that I had to wait for Dr. Cordoba to call me back in the next couple of days. By Friday, I had not heard from him. After leaving two more voicemails, my prescription was refilled but I didn’t receive a call back. Seeking help from Dr. Cordoba was the last line of defense for me. It took everything I had to try to seek that help while I was in such a dire state. The lack of response I got from him was enough to turn me away. He did not help me, and I feel that the repeated communication problems I had with him are irresponsible when dealing with people who may be in a desperate situation, as I was.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

I had been suffering from out of the blue panic attacks for several years. I saw several psychiatrists that were unable to successfully treat these attacks. I lucked upon Dr. Cordoba, who managed to prescribe the right medications to make the panic attacks virtually disappear. Over the years I have suffered from other disorders from depression to ADD. Working together with him to keep the demons at bay has been a blessing. When he established his own practice out of my insurance network, I stayed with him as my doctor. Why? Because our sessions and correct medical prescriptions turned my upside down world into a world with hope. I could not rate a doctor any higher than Dr. Cordoba.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

My therapist suggested Dr. Cordoba for medication management nearly 10 years ago. He has been the best psychiatrist I've seen over the past 30+ years. He listens and works with me to manage my medication. He provides consistent encouragement and support for me each time we visit. I highly recommend Dr. Cordoba, for anyone seeking help with medication and guidance in personal understanding.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I was in a very difficult marriage. Dr Córdoba saw me first then took on my husband. He listened to us for years but never sent either of us to appropriate counseling . i got very depressed and dr Córdoba kicked me out of his practice . Luckily I found a wonderful doctor and therapist. I was in what is now known as a psychologically abusive marriage. I'm much much better . My husband is in counseling . On very little medication. I don't think Dr Córdoba handled my case very well . He should have advised me to get a therapist from day 1 !! I feel I was treated poorly

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Dr. Córdoba is an AMAZING Psychiatrist! I have been seeing him for years, he is extremely compassionate and understanding. I can always be completely honest and open with him without fear of judgement. I love the fact that he too is open and honest. I recently met with Dr. Cordoba, and I had been battling feelings of low self esteem, worthlessness, sadness, anger, and frustration. He helped me see how I determine my own self worth base on validation and reassurance I receive from others, which I constantly seek out. And how out of desperatation to receive it from my spouse, I was engaging in repeated destructive behaviors which was actually pushing my spouse further away and leaving me devastated, sad, disappointed, frustrated, and feeling hopeless. He gave me advice on how to improve my self esteem and self worth and how to stop and move away from the destructive behaviors. Since then, I have taken the advice and put it into action and it has worked out AMAZINGLY!! The feelings I have been battling are starting to dissolve and I am feeling so much better about myself and others. I thank God for Dr. Cordoba!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Doctor Cordoba is an excellent doctor because he is knowledgeable, personable, compassionate and Doctor Cordoba is an example for all other doctors. Doctor Cordoba has been my physician since 1999.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

The best there is! I love going to see him. He is so caring and such a positive attitude. I would never consider going to anyone else!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Cordoba really listens. He is personable, asks questions, takes notes and is interactive. He always makes you feel like you have as much time as you need although I have rarely had to wait long. I feel confident that he knows what he is talking about and isn't one that is quick to prescribe. He offers suggestions beyond taking a pill. I have every confidence in Dr. Cordoba and would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. J. Bernard Cordoba's Credentials

• UAGJ School of Medicine, Mex (Grad. 1977)