Ratings for Dr. J. Bernard Cordoba

My therapist suggested Dr. Cordoba for medication management nearly 10 years ago. He has been the best psychiatrist I've seen over the past 30+ years. He listens and works with me to manage my medication. He provides consistent encouragement and support for me each time we visit. I highly recommend Dr. Cordoba, for anyone seeking help with medication and guidance in personal understanding.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I was in a very difficult marriage. Dr Córdoba saw me first then took on my husband. He listened to us for years but never sent either of us to appropriate counseling . i got very depressed and dr Córdoba kicked me out of his practice . Luckily I found a wonderful doctor and therapist. I was in what is now known as a psychologically abusive marriage. I'm much much better . My husband is in counseling . On very little medication. I don't think Dr Córdoba handled my case very well . He should have advised me to get a therapist from day 1 !! I feel I was treated poorly

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Dr. Córdoba is an AMAZING Psychiatrist! I have been seeing him for years, he is extremely compassionate and understanding. I can always be completely honest and open with him without fear of judgement. I love the fact that he too is open and honest. I recently met with Dr. Cordoba, and I had been battling feelings of low self esteem, worthlessness, sadness, anger, and frustration. He helped me see how I determine my own self worth base on validation and reassurance I receive from others, which I constantly seek out. And how out of desperatation to receive it from my spouse, I was engaging in repeated destructive behaviors which was actually pushing my spouse further away and leaving me devastated, sad, disappointed, frustrated, and feeling hopeless. He gave me advice on how to improve my self esteem and self worth and how to stop and move away from the destructive behaviors. Since then, I have taken the advice and put it into action and it has worked out AMAZINGLY!! The feelings I have been battling are starting to dissolve and I am feeling so much better about myself and others. I thank God for Dr. Cordoba!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Doctor Cordoba is an excellent doctor because he is knowledgeable, personable, compassionate and Doctor Cordoba is an example for all other doctors. Doctor Cordoba has been my physician since 1999.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

The best there is! I love going to see him. He is so caring and such a positive attitude. I would never consider going to anyone else!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Cordoba really listens. He is personable, asks questions, takes notes and is interactive. He always makes you feel like you have as much time as you need although I have rarely had to wait long. I feel confident that he knows what he is talking about and isn't one that is quick to prescribe. He offers suggestions beyond taking a pill. I have every confidence in Dr. Cordoba and would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I have been to several psychiatrists in Austin and Dr. Cordoba is by far the best. Unlike other doctors, Dr. Cordoba does not simply spend 10 minutes with you and hand you prescriptions every month (or however often you see him). He takes time and really listens to you, and offers advice and guidance on things others wouldn't take the time to do. He makes great referrals and give you tips on how to stay mentally healthy. I would recommend him to everyone. I see Dr. Cordoba for depression, anxiety, ADHD and insomnia.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

I love Dr. Cordoba. I had used two other psychiatrists in the Austin area and they were unable to manage my medications for my bipolar disease. Dr. Cordoba is warm and caring. He allows time for me to talk about my problems, much like a psychologist. The other two physicians would not let me to discuss any emotional issues. When I first came to him, I was suicidal. I am now convinced that he saved my life.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr Cordoba's since 2005. He is a true blessing in my life and has helped give me back a life that I love living. He's helped me through an eating disorder, anxiety attacks, bipolar, sleepiness and a manic episode that lasted 6 weeks. Always patient and careful with medications. He would prescribe me a low dose of a medication, then we'd wait for a month to see if it needed the dosage readjusted. Then cautiously, we could add another medication if needed. I know he really cares about my well-being and he works well with my other support methods (12-step, having a balance life...) He has also helped me win my disability case in 2011 - his letter was super helpful. thank you Dr Cordoba for all that you do and who you are!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Cordoba has ALWAYS been there for me. When I was hospitalized with a serious physical condition he was constantly talking with my general doctor and specialist to make sure my medications were not being interrupted or contradicted by any given to me in the hospital. He knows exactly what he is doing. Every time after leaving his office I leave feeling wonderful about myself and with skills to use to learn how to help me myself. I can't say enough wonderful things about him. Quite frankly, he's the best in Austin and believe me, I've tried plenty. Thank you, thank you Dr. Cordova!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. J. Bernard Cordoba's Credentials

• UAGJ School of Medicine, Mex (Grad. 1977)