Ratings for Dr. Celia A. Hinrichs

My child needed VT in elementary school, but all Celia did year after year was recommend prism glasses and annual checkups. Finally on an annual checkup, she suddenly realized her mistake, but alas it was too late, he was now a teen and years of poor vision already affecting his life. Well, she panicked and said he had to go elsewhere for VT as it was urgent we get started and she had a waiting list (apparently we didn't take priority despite her horrible error). A year later her office called with an opening, too late we went elsewhere for goodness sakes, though my teen couldn't recover all those lost years and developed a dislike for reading that's permanent. Say goodbye to good SAT scores, where reading can increase vocab. Not to mention going to a rigorous college or adopting the approach of lifetime learning that requires reading. Being a reader is essential in so many ways. He only reads when required, and the bare minimum at that. She failed my child and I am heartbroken. There is absolutely no ethics, morals, or skill to make a mistake like that. Beyond incompetent.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017