Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Bruneteau

I highly recommend Dr. Bruneteau and his staff at ASI. They more than exceeded my expectations from initial consultation to post surgery my entire life has changed for the better following my procedure. My only regret is that I did't act sooner. If you're even thinking about improving your image call ASI today the procedure is simple and the cost is more affordable than you can imagine!! Thanks Dr. Bruneteau you've changed my life and image to what I've dreamed of for years!!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

One of the best surgeons in the area! Very informative and a very caring and personable doctor! Dr Bruneteau and his staff at surgical images are wonderful!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I went to Dr Bruneteau to get a breast reduction. During the course of our conversation he started asking me questions about my back and if I have had a lot of pain. Long story short my abdomen wall had detached from my body so for over 20 years I had lived with pain and mental suffering. He explained everything in detail and was very caring. I did both surgeries at once. He and his staff were wonderful. They helped me through my nervousness and made me feel more confident about what I was doing. This was not a decision I made lightly and they were there with me through it all. Not one of the staff every made me feel like I was just a number or a money bucket. I have been very pleased with the results. My back no longer has pain and the reduction was the best thing I could have every done. I would and do highly recommend Dr. Bruneteau and his staff for any cosmetic surgery that you might think you want to do.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I went to ASI because one of my 11 year old breast implants ruptured.Dr. Bruneteau told me that it was impossible to remove and replace my implants through my existing scar on my nipple. I was very vocal about how disappointing that was, I recently battled cancer (lymphoma) and I have more than enough scars on my body already. He was absolutely certain, it was not an option to go through the nipple. He said he never puts implants in through the nipple because he can't take them out that way. He said he was surprised that my original doctor (who is in a different state) hadn't told me this would be an issue if one of my implants ruptured. I was very disappointed but I trusted him. A few days before my fully paid for procedure, his nurse called asking for an additional $900. Once again, they blamed the issue on my previous surgeon. He under filled an implant by less than a tea spoon, thus voiding the lifetime replacement guarantee from the manufacturer. I told the nurse I couldn't afford that. I wrote her an email requesting a full accounting of everything I've paid for up to that point. Instead of giving me an itemized invoice, she calls me back saying the doctor is so gracious, he's not going to charge me the extra $900. Then she said Dr. Bruneteau ordered my implants a size smaller than what was agreed on. When I objected to the smaller implants she backtracked and said they were the right size. I went from being mildly worried about the surgery to absolutely terrified that I was making a huge mistake! I especially didn't like their pompous attitude towards my original surgeon. He is highly regarded and well respected in South Florida, where surgeons are a dime a dozen, his reviews are excellent and he has his own morning talk show. Dr. Bruneteau on the other hand, has a lot of bad reviews out there. The more I read the scarier he seemed. So I canceled the surgery and got my money back. The surgeon I ultimately chose must be a miracle worker because he did the impossible, and used my original scar to remove and replace my implants! I am absolutely appalled that Dr. Bruneteau flat out lied to me about my incision options! He might not have the skills to give me what I wanted, but he should have been honest with me and said that he's not personally comfortable going in through my nipple, instead of declaring it impossible! Granted, had he been up front about his capabilities compared to other local surgeons I wouldn't go with him. Why learn new methods when you can just lie to your patients instead? I wouldn't recommend ASI to anyone, unless you're looking for outdated surgical methods, uncaring, and unimaginative doctors who see you only as a money making vessel rather than an individual human being.

Submitted February 1, 2017

My experience was awful too I totally put my body n trust in this man my scar is awful n I'm lumpy all over I had breast lift which one is bigger than the other I had mommy make over n lipo I'm so lop sided n have big dents where he took out to much I look n feel horrible I wished I would have done more research on this Dr n I went to another plastic surgeon to see if he could fix me n he said he could do the job and he has 5 stars across the board n I might add I was told by a lot of people that this 5 star Dr has corrected a lot of Bruneteaus work please do your research his bedside is terrible

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I had a mommy makeover with Dr. Bruneteau in May. It was the absolute worst experience. I was at a point of desperation with my weight and body and 100% regret making the rash decision to go through with this surgery without vetting out my options, including the surgeon. My stomach looks even worst than it did before. It's the same size, but now has lumps and flab that it never had before. Plus, the scar looks like he may as well have cut me in half. The breast lift is another regret. I chose not to get implants, so opted for the lift and asked that the size of my breasts be reduced. They were not reduced at all and the "key hole" scars it left are unsightly. I am so disappointed in myself for making this decision and with the doctor for doing such a horrible job with my body. I spent a week in the hospital after the surgery. First, because I was having difficulty coming out of the anesthesia, then a few days later because I came down with an infection. I was supposed to return to the doctor a couple of months after the surgery and chose not to. I have nothing good or positive to say about this experience. Even if the doctor offered to "fix" my issues, I wouldn't. I would never let him near me again. Worst decision of my life. Think very carefully before going through with this MAJOR surgery. Though they say you can go back to work in a couple of weeks, trust me, you won't feel up to it. It took me months to fully recover and now I have to live with a body that looks far worse than it did to begin with.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Mommy makeover with Dr Bruneteau has changed my life. I look great and feel great. MY husband loves my result and are relationship is better then ever. Dr Bruneteau was caring and knowledgable. His staff was wonderful I would strongly recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

This physician performed a breast reconstruction surgery following a double mastectomy. The results were unacceptable and I had to have the surgery revised by a different plastic surgeon. Surgery with Dr. Bruneteau resulted in uneven breast size with a lot of excess skin. Unfortunately, when you are dealing with breast cancer, this type of setback can be emotionally devastating. Dr. Bruneteau also allowed his Physician Assistants to do most of the actual preparation work leading up to the surgery. Barely saw him until the day of surgery. No matter which plastic surgeon you use, always request to see before and after pictures of the surgery that you are requesting to have done. Would NOT recommend Dr. Bruneteau.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Bruneteau's since 2007. I have had two cosmetic surgeries and multiple visits for skin care and maintenance. I have only good things to say about the staff, the nurses and Dr. Bruneteau. I have always received the very best of care and felt my needs as a patient were always the priority. Scheduling appointments has always been easy and the staff is understanding of my schedule and has always tried to accomodate me. I was impressed that I could come in for a consult in the evening after work and not have to make it fit into my work day. I have referred my friends and even family members to Dr. Bruneteau because I have been so pleased with my results.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Dr. Bruneteau was absolutely outstanding; as was all staff involved in the operation and the follow-up nurses and PA. The young women at the desk could be a little less plastic and act more warm and inviting to patients - they do not give the best impression of how great the rest of the staff and the doctor really is.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

Dr. Richard J. Bruneteau's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)